The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old January 17, 2012, 02:01 AM   #1076
ms6852

Hello from Texas TFL

I have lurked around for a long time. I'm retired Army, have been shooting for about 48 years. Just like to say that this is a great forum thanks to all of you.
Old January 17, 2012, 07:02 AM   #1077
rebs

Hello

I am new here, my name is Bob and I live in western New York.
I used to shoot on a pistol team and trap team for Tonawanda Sportsman Club, but that was some 30 years ago. I am retired now and want to get back into reloading and shooting.
I hope ypou guys don't mind all my questions but as I have been out of the loop for over 30 years I know a lot has changed.

Bob
Old January 18, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1078
damford

Eric, Michigan.
36. shoot in my backyard regularly, carry daily
Old January 20, 2012, 09:14 AM   #1079
Sad In CA

Hi everyone, I am Vien from California... Hate our laws here, wish I had land I could shoot on. I have a real appreciation for all firearms and enjoy a day of recreational shooting with a rare steak afterward.
Old January 20, 2012, 09:01 PM   #1080
obelisco

Greeting from Colombia

Hello I am new in this forum, and I hope to have new friends here.

Thanks.
Old January 25, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1081
jaw8010

Hello

Hi everyone, My name is Jon(25..almost), I currently live out in the western part of South Dakota, Rapid City to be exact.

I grew up in Pennsylvania, about 2 hours north of Pittsburgh on a small farm, I have been shooting since i was about 10(started cub scouts and enjoyed plinking with 22)

I grew up mainly using my dads Remington 700 30-06 with some type of scope on it(i remember it had safari animals on the range finder) to take out groundhogs from quite the distance, one of my better shots was 200 yard running groundhog but not much survived if you hit the groundhog with the bullet regardless of the distance.

I moved on from PA to join the Air Force, Marksman, but a lot of good that does when you are working on an airplane. I have since gotten out thanks to budget cuts, and have been actively going after a career in law enforcement. I have tested 2 times for the PD here in town, both times have been cut from a list of about 20 for 5 positions, still actively engaged.

I bought a Ruger SR9C when i got out for concealed carry

Hope to learn from the forum and some of the members and hopefully find some locals to go out and enjoy some shooting.

Thanks
Old January 25, 2012, 10:28 PM   #1082
OCMandP

Second post here after reading for a while. First post seemed more appropriate in the "your first" thread.
Was raised with pistol/shotgun/rifle exposure but just bought "my" first pistol- a S&W M&P9. Wife loves it and so do I. Looking forward to first hunt this fall and fun nights at the range. As well as learning from the experienced minds on TFL!
Old January 26, 2012, 09:12 AM   #1083
Bittervinom

Hello Bittervinom here from South Carolina

Hello Guys and Gals. I'm from the Slow living state of South Carolina and I LOVE GUNS.....Jesus too! I hunt, fish, and camp. I share and try to instill the safety knowledge and practices of guns I have to my sons and my wonderful Wife who puts up with me and my guns..What else can I say. Thanks for having me here on this site.
Old January 26, 2012, 12:43 PM   #1084
hangglider

Just found this thread after posting for about a month. Anyway, I'm a middle-aged leftest scumbag liberal Democrat that voted for Obama (and will again)--except that I believe the 2nd amendment unequivocally states as lawful citizens we have a right and responsibility to bear arms. Yes--we're not ALL gun-rights opponents.
Old January 28, 2012, 11:23 AM   #1085
Cherokee Nation

old and new

not new to reloading but new to your forum, looks to be great stuff, recently retired from being a machinist. I have reloaded, cast, built and repaired guns for over 35 years. Now that I'm retired I need to get a part time job to support my habit!
Old January 28, 2012, 07:44 PM   #1086
railriderstv

New here also from E. Tenn.......
Just came on to see about selling a pre-'29 repeater(Winn.)
I'll figure out as goes ......I'm in Bristol.....nice website....
Old January 28, 2012, 09:10 PM   #1087
brody02

hey everyone
born and raised in small town in eastern pa., been hunting since i was 12, archery hunter past 6 yrs, looking to learn a little about rifles and long range shooting. talk to some of you soon
Old January 28, 2012, 09:19 PM   #1088
Derekc294

Noticed I never formerly introduced myself properly. My name is Derek I'm in the western burbs of Chicago and love guns like I love oxygen. Plan on being around a while
Old January 29, 2012, 01:20 AM   #1089
firedawgg88

Names Gene, new to TFL. Military guy who loves guns (too much according to my co-workers), love hunting, shooting ect. Looking to gab about guns with people who know what they are talking about.
Old January 31, 2012, 07:51 PM   #1090
IrishBluEyes51

Hello Everyone, was lurking for a few days and signed up. Been shooting since i was 12 and still love being out with a fine gun and a couple tin cans. I'm 60 now a lot older and a lil bit wiser. Was having some trouble ID'ing a 22 win mag I came into and found this forum and well here I am. Names Tom
Old February 2, 2012, 02:30 AM   #1091
thewhitesam

new guy, i got questions hope u got answers...

My name is Sam I hail out of minneapolis, Minnesota
I posted a link on some questions I had reguarding "carry"
Heres the link http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=477610

Sorry I don't know the rules of this site, I do not intend to loss anyone of any anyway, am pretty new to this type of thing any help would be great.
Old February 2, 2012, 11:35 AM   #1092
deano97

New member as of today.

I've been clicking on your threads with google searches forever but finally registered. Love all the info and expertise here.

Looking forward to participating
Old February 3, 2012, 02:57 PM   #1093
smokey63

Your members have already been a good help to me,Glad to be a member. SMOKEY 63

Last edited by smokey63; February 3, 2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: NOT FINISHED POST
Old February 4, 2012, 08:56 PM   #1094
Marie13

Hello, all! I found you folks through a Google search for something I can't remember. I've lurked a bit, and decided to join.

I'm a native of suburban Detroit, but moved to the Chicago area almost 16 years ago - employment related. Plus I wanted to get away from the auto industry! I'm single, early 40s, and became interested in firearms back in the late summer. A somewhat creepy ex-boyfriend got me started about being able to defend myself.

I got my FOID in September. I am going for my first shooting lesson (one-on-one with an instructor up in the Milwaukee area VERY highly recommended by a friend) on Thursday. I plan on getting myself more training, buying a handgun for my place over the summer, and then will try to go to the range at least 2-3 times a month. If/when IL gets CCW, I will definitely apply for my permit.

Looking forward to learning more. I will have some challenges when it comes to choosing a handgun. I have carpel tunnel/repetitive stress in both hands/wrists and my hand strength on my dominant right hand is not what it should be.

Last edited by Marie13; February 5, 2012 at 06:04 PM.
Old February 5, 2012, 05:50 PM   #1095
Dennis_C

Hello all, my name is Dennis and I hail from beautiful South Dakota! I have been lurking for a good while on these boards, so I figured I would finally join in on the fun! I enjoy all things gun related and look forward to talking with you all.
Old February 6, 2012, 11:10 PM   #1096
Trip286

New here

Hi guys, I'm new to TFL, and I'm a bit lost! Is there an intro forum? And is there a phone app?

A little about myself, I'm a Marine vet, married with a kid, I'm going to school for an associate's degree in forestry, and looking for work! Obviously, I'm new here, but I'm not new to forums. I'm a member at several different forums corresponding to several different interests, my most active location until today has been Firearms Talk. I'm enjoying a seven day vacation for trolling a mod when he was already ticked off. That's not my normal thing, but I just couldn't help myself, and I got what I deserved. Problem is, I've become addicted to gun forums and I need to get my fix!
Old February 7, 2012, 12:40 AM   #1097
Mal H
Staff

Welcome to TFL, Trip286!

Yes, there is a welcome thread and your post is now magically in it.

As for a phone app, we have "Tapatalk" installed here. If you have questions on its usage, open a thread in the Tech Support forum, someone should know all the answers.

(And we also get ticked off at trolling (be sure to read our forum rules), but the vacations are usually longer than seven days. )
Old February 7, 2012, 11:44 AM   #1098
likearock

Hello
Im new to this site. Ive hunted lots of different animals with lots of different guns and bows in my life. Im retired now and Im kinda getting back into the gun scene of today. After reading some of the posts here, Im hearing about guns Ive never heard of. Ive kinda been out of the loop for awhile. Im hoping this site can serve as a refresher course on some of the newer guns out there.
Old February 7, 2012, 06:01 PM   #1099
JalapenoAZ

Hello,
New to TFL...belong to other forums. I've been around firearms pretty much all my life. Dad introduced me to shooting back in 1970 when at the age of 5 he helped me shoot his Colt 22 lr. single action.
My question today is: I have a relative who had an "Entry Level Seperation" from the Navy a few years ago and would like to purchase a firearm for home defense. I'm not familiar with military do's & don't's...is he legally eligible to puchase?
Thank you.
Old February 8, 2012, 11:25 PM   #1100
hoss2244

hey

hey every one i am new to this forum and i just posted a thing in the gen dis fourm its consealed carry

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent