The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old July 21, 2011, 05:53 PM   #926
Gun Casket

Second time here

I signed up in February but this is my first "real" day on the forum. I work with Gun Casket, LLC (www.GunCasket.com) and figured I'd just pop in and see what the forum is all about. It seems like a great tool for getting quick answers to gun related questions. Look forward to getting to know you all.
Old July 22, 2011, 05:40 AM   #927
FWest

New guy from Southern Maine

Just a quick hello from Maine. Looking forward to learning all I can from the membership and helping when I can.

FWest
Old July 28, 2011, 09:36 PM   #928
El Caballo Loco

Noob here from Colorado. Just recently got into shooting outside of my line of work as well as teaching the wife and daughter.

I get on some other forums more frequently like horsepowerjunkies.com and yellowbullet.com.
Old July 28, 2011, 11:55 PM   #929
Goosemama

New to this forum

A friend of mine saw my picture with Gladys the Goose at Yellowstone and emailed me the link from another gun forum. Nice to meet ya'll.
Old July 29, 2011, 06:46 PM   #930
RetiredPolice33

Hello from the Dirty South!

Hi all, call me Mike. Im from Cali now living in Mississippi. I try to be nice so try back! Im retired at 50 after being shot when I was a California LEO. I sit around now and try to learn new things.
Old July 29, 2011, 09:25 PM   #931
kealil

HEY EVERYONE!!!

In the short time I have been here I have learned a lot. I hope to be active on the forums for a long time.
Old July 31, 2011, 01:03 AM   #932
ky509

A Missouri Newbie Here

I everyone. My real name is Ed. I am older than dirt and have hunted with fire arms most of my life. I also like recreational shooting when I have the time for it. I live on the edge of a national forrest and my wife of 42 years calls me a hermit. I seldom go to town, as I can always have her pick up the seasonings for my deer, rabbit and squirrel. I can sit on my front porch and catch catfish If I get to hankering for fish soup beans and cornbread. So she may be correct about trhe hermit thing

I was actually searching for information to aid me in the disassembly and re-assembly of one of my squirrel guns when I ran into this site. I found it to be not only friendly but very helpful so I joined up. Gereat site here youall.
Old August 3, 2011, 12:40 AM   #933
NCFlyGuy

Hey Y'all!!

Newbie here from western NC! I'm from England originally, and LOVE visiting home, but wow...bless their hearts if they wanna go shoot...

Anyhoo...I work in the airline business, in the past as a pilot, but after getting burned out on the pilot lifestyle of 15 nights a month in a crappy hotel room, I went into training and now work as an instructor for a major airline. My shooting experience has evolved over the years, from my Grandfather in England being a Gamekeeper who let me shoot his shotguns back in the 70s when that could be done without Parliament getting involved, to growing up in NC killing squirrels and Coke bottles with a Ruger 10/22 to now.

Currently my collection includes:

Mossberg 500 18.5" Pistol Grip (for things that go bump in the night)
S&W M&P15 Sport
HK MP5-22 (Brand new this week and absolutely amazing that shooting can be this fun for so little $$$)
HK USP Compact .40 (also for things that go bump in the night)
Walther P99 9mm
Walther PPK/S .380
SiG Mosquito (yeah I know, but it once shot 9 rounds without a FTF/FTE)
Makarov 9mmx18 (bought from a buddy a decade ago for $80...best buy EVER...I love this gun!)
Rossi .38 2" (cheap, and if popular opinion is believed a POS, but its the first gun I ever bought, and over the past 20 years it hasn't missed a beat)
S&W 65-2 4" .357

So, on to my shooting habits...I live on 11 acres in the country and frequently come home to deer in the field in front of my driveway...whenever I do I reach for the 35mm SLR digital. I completely respect those who shoot for food, but it's not for me until it becomes a survival issue. For now I'm happy striking fear into paper targets 2-3 times a month while learning more about he sport.

So that's me...hi guys! (and girls)

Last edited by NCFlyGuy; August 3, 2011 at 12:50 AM.
Old August 5, 2011, 05:29 PM   #934
Josh45

Hello TFL

New member here. Have seen the forum many times and have decided to join.
Im also a member of,

The High Road.
TaurusArmed
GeorgiaPacking ( forum member )

Nice to meet everyone here and hope to learn a lot as I see I will. Been lurking for some time!

Guns that I have

Taurus PT145
Ruger GP-100
Armscor AK-22
Mossberg 500AT
Old August 7, 2011, 11:48 AM   #935
Frontier Soldier

Hi all,
Just signed on a few days ago. I am a black powder shooter. I shoot an original M-1884 Springfield Infantry rifle using period military targets, distances, firing positions, and scoring. I also load the .45 Colt in black powder. I like doing things in the traditional way and am partial to the antique arms. Look forward to hearing from others.
Old August 8, 2011, 01:52 PM   #936
TacStrike

Industry Professional Coming Aboard

Hello Everyone,

My name is Rob Tackett and I am the owner of TacStrike where I manufacture some of the best steel targets on the market and run the only shooter's gear consignment shop. My other full time job is as the Senior Instructor for Pat Goodale at Practical Firearm Training which is one of the premier shooting schools in the industry.

We are not here to spam or post about our business until asked. If you would like to know more about us please feel free to contact us via our website or Facebook Page.

Some of our close friends and customers are already members here and we thank each of them for their continued support and invitation to join. We hope to give back as much as possible here at TFL. Time is short right now though with the training season in full swing and the company starting in its 5th week.

So far so good,

Rob T.

Senior Instructor: For Pat Goodale at Practical Firearms Training. www.PGPFT.com
Old August 9, 2011, 04:14 PM   #937
always1080

Hello TFZ

New member here from Atlanta, Georgia. I have been instructing firearms for 6 years and am always looking for good information that people want to share. If you need something from me, just ask.
Old August 9, 2011, 06:44 PM   #938
Super Sneaky Steve

Hey, new guy here. Everytime I do a google search for something gun related I get sent here so I thought I'd sign up.

I was really bummed to read the rules and see that zombie threads were prohibited.
Old August 9, 2011, 09:45 PM   #939
cons14

Checking in from Southern California. Never one to collect guns and have only shot a few in 20+ years. However, now it seems the internal hunter in me has surfaced and I now find myself reading all I can get my hands on. Last month I purchased my first gun a Ruger New Vaquero .357 and can't put it down. What a great feeling at the range. I'm taking my time in learing all I can and will looking for a rifle to complement my Ruger.
Old August 10, 2011, 01:32 PM   #940
seddi61

hey, i'm seddi 61

Hey. My name is seddi. Due to the nature of my work I cannot reveal my real name or my location. It'll be nice to get to know y'all though. I'm a security enforcement officer at one of the largest malls in America. It's not the mall of America, but its no joke either. I put my life on the line every day just as often as police officers if not more. I'm looking to share my knowledge and learn from everyon
Old August 10, 2011, 02:34 PM   #941
redlinesrule

Newbie, Don/redlinesrule from NH

Good afternoon,

Don from New Hampshire & it's great to be here! Very interested in learning the different aspects on semi auto carbines as well as hand guns for both protection & taking the family out for some fun. I currently have a Ruger Sporter 10/22 & absolutely love this rifle as it's easy, fun & very cheap to shoot. Yup, that's the only firearm I currently own but am looking to add more. I've always loved the military rifles & have been very interested in the AR15, AK47, SKS, M1, & M1A. Yes, a big jump from a little 10/22 but that's why I'm here, to learn about these guns as well as the advantages & disadvantages of all. Thanks for the read....Don ~
Old August 12, 2011, 01:53 AM   #942
gunnutbmg

hello

new guy
name is Tim im a lifetime gun user and owner and joined to gain as well as share info on guns and life
hope to make some new friends and maybe catch up with some old ones
Old August 13, 2011, 12:02 AM   #943
GTlefty

I've greatly enjoyed reading TFL the last few months, and thought it was time to register and say something now and then.
I'm getting back into firearms after being into other hobbies for a while. I'm interested in all aspects of guns, but mainly I've been learning about how to carry concealed.
Old August 13, 2011, 06:57 PM   #944
A Person

Hi everyone I'm a person (very creative username,eh?) And i'm a gun addict
I LOVE shooting guns for fun, as well as hunting and target practice. I also fish occasionally.
Old August 15, 2011, 09:57 AM   #945
tony101

Just wanted to say hi to all. I have been around on TFL for a few months now and thanks to you all I have manage to spend a couple of grand. So a BIG thanks to all. Tony
Old August 18, 2011, 06:30 PM   #946
Albacore

Here I am....

My name's Jeff. New Here. Looking to expand my shallow pool of information on all this good stuff. Thanks....
Old August 19, 2011, 12:20 PM   #947
British Bobby

Greetings

I'm a police officer from across the pond (Glasgow, Scotland to be more precise ) and I'm here to share my own personal passion for fire-arms.

Hope to make the trip to the US soon to FINALLY get my hands on all the beautiful weapons I can't legally shoot over here!!!
Old August 20, 2011, 10:18 AM   #948
TJC357

Hi New Member from Mid.TN.

Just joined and wante to say hi.
Old August 20, 2011, 10:29 PM   #949
Dynames

Hello everybody. Im 21, from indiana and i grew up with gun hating parents. First with my mother, then with my father, and back and forth till a few years ago. I dont know if it was their hate for them that made me love guns more but as far back as i can remember i had always loved them. As of now i only own 1 .22 which was given to me by my grandfather. I did have pellet rifles (that i hid from my parents of course) up untill i turned 18 but, they just couldnt cut it. I am planning on adding to my collection i just dont wonna get addicted like i think i might.... 1 .22 just isnt enough!
Old August 21, 2011, 02:30 PM   #950
300blackout

Hello, All--

Interesting in a .300 Blackout AR, as you may've guessed. Hope to have a good experience, here.

Thanks-

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent