The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old August 17, 2005, 05:58 PM   #1
Klaud Wachnen

what would be a non expensive auto.

Hello fellows,

I am looking to buy soon a full auto weapon, I am able to buy a full auto weapon because I am an a usa citizen because my mother was american. I already have a few class 3 silencers and not even one slight blimish on my record I am good and completely clean. I know it will be probably more a process to get a machine more than a silenced 22 and 9mm. But I want to know if any machine guns are not so expensive, I cannot pay 10,000 for a weapon, that is wildly crazy no?

If anyone has any knowledge I would much appreicate. Thankyou

- Klaud.
Old August 17, 2005, 06:34 PM   #2
locked'n'cocked

well if you have the money to spend the cheapest would probably be a full-auto mac-10, i believe they are about $3000US.

"Make haste, slowly." Wyatt Earp
Old August 17, 2005, 08:11 PM   #3
MeekAndMild

Quote:
I am able to buy a full auto weapon because I am an a usa citizen because my mother was american.
How would that have an effect in Germany? One would think German laws applie there?
In a few years when the dust finally clears and people start counting their change there is a pretty good chance that President Obama may become known as The Great Absquatulator. You heard it first here on TFL.
Old August 17, 2005, 08:15 PM   #4
Klaud Wachnen

I live in both countries, I am working in the usa now.
Old August 18, 2005, 03:18 AM   #5
Casp_A

Actually I think the cheapest way to go would be to buy a registered Lightining Link and stick it in a cheap AR-15, but I really wouldn't recommend that route, for reliability reasons. A good place to go to look at machinegun prices is AutoWeapons.com. Most of the MAC/Cobray M10's and M11's seem to run ~$3000-4000, STENs seem to run about the same. Personally, I think the S&W 76 would be cool, but that's ~$7,400.
Old August 18, 2005, 10:22 AM   #6
shaggy

Autoweapons is high. Not the place to go unless you want to pay more than you really have to. Check out the NFA Ad boards at www.subguns.com and www.sturmgewehr.com. for a more true picture of current market prices.

Additionally a lightning link can be very reliable, but you have to pay attention to the condition of the trip lever and bend it back to shape or replace it as necessary. Until the trip lever gets seriously banged out of spec, a RLL isn't a bad way to go to save a few thousand bucks over a reg. rec gun or a RDIAS.
Old August 18, 2005, 01:14 PM   #7
locked'n'cocked

how much does a RLL go for now days? that might be the best route.

"Make haste, slowly." Wyatt Earp
Old August 18, 2005, 02:24 PM   #8
shaggy

These days a RLL can be had for about $7000-7500.

(BTW - if you're interested I have one I'd consider selling or trading for a Barrett M82A1 or one FNC sear and cash)
Old August 20, 2005, 12:38 PM   #9
ottosear

Herr Wachnen, you must get a sten!

mags are $4.00 parts are low $ easy to get! and you want real value? 9M.M. ammo $11.38/100 @ wall mart.@ 550 R.O.F. this one is cheep to feed. my norrell MK 2 is one of the most dependable S.M.G.s i have. and it FEELS great when its rockin!! you can't lose with this combo!! thank you OTTO.
Old August 20, 2005, 12:56 PM   #10
Casp_A

Man, I didn't think LL's were that expensive, I thought they would be one of the cheaper auto options. Well, I guess you can scratch that idea. In that case, I'll second either a MAC or Sten.

Which brings me to my second point: +$7000 for a glorified paperclip!?!?!?! Jesus Christ these people are killing me!!!!
Old August 20, 2005, 01:04 PM   #11
shaggy

Quote:
Which brings me to my second point: +$7000 for a glorified paperclip!?!?!?!
Its not so much the paperclip you're paying for as much as the paper. Its all about the forms to stay legal and keep you out of trouble.
Old August 21, 2005, 12:57 PM   #12
3 weelin geezer

Paper clip, huh? I have heard you can use one to 'make' a semi into a full auto. I don't see how that would work but the story is there. Kinda like that pot of gold at the end of the rainbow that doesn't exist either.