The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Closed Thread

Old January 27, 2013, 10:34 AM   #1
redhawk45

CBS Programming

CBS has a form to contact them with feedback. Perhaps if you are offended by the attack on our rights they should hear about it. http://www.cbs.com/info/user_service...lobal_form.php
Old January 27, 2013, 11:07 AM   #2
horatioo

How has CBS attacked our rights?
Old January 27, 2013, 11:51 AM   #3
speedrrracer

Quote:
How has CBS attacked our rights?
That's a good question, and I'd like to hear the answer as well.

There has been some hang-wringing by the more sensitive types to CBS Sunday Morning's piece by a professor who wishes some parts of the Constitution would be changed.

Here's the link.

It has a provocative title, so that's what (I think) is getting some of the Delicate Daisy's in a twist.

But if you actually read the content, the professor says:
Quote:
To be clear, I don't think we should give up on everything in the Constitution. The Constitution has many important and inspiring provisions...
So it's clearly just an "I want this to remain the same and that to change" piece, which, I'm willing to bet, is something we all agree with.

I certainly would like to change the Constitution. I'd re-write the 2nd Amendment so it was worded much more strongly, among other changes. Doesn't mean we want to live in anarchy.
Old January 27, 2013, 04:55 PM   #4
Coltman 77

Quote:

I certainly would like to change the Constitution. I'd re-write the 2nd Amendment so it was worded much more strongly, among other changes. Doesn't mean we want to live in anarchy.
That's a nice, dreamy sentiment but will never happen. The Constitution stands alone as the foundation of our country.

It's not a "living document" to be toyed with according to current views, whims or polls.

Protect our 2nd Amendment Rights -- Join the NRA
Old January 27, 2013, 05:13 PM   #5
seabee78

I agree, the Constitution, imho, should have been written in stone. As said before, it is the foundation of this our nation. And hopefully can remain just that and make our nation great again....

seabee78
Old January 27, 2013, 06:28 PM   #6
Double Naught Spy

Not a living document to be toyed with? What do you call all those pesky amendments? If written in stone, we would not have the 2A.
Old January 27, 2013, 06:58 PM   #7
Dr Big Bird PhD

There's a few things I would have wanted to see altered in the original constitution. 1) Make the 2nd Amendment completely and un-apologetically blatant in its meaning. Not that it isn't already, it just could be a little moreso. 2) NO POST OFFICE, 3) In the bill of rights, an amendment to decree the separation of economy and state, 4) Government has no authority over anything not directly listed in the constitution.
Who you are is not a function of where you are. -Off Minor
Old January 27, 2013, 09:39 PM   #8
Tom Servo
Staff

The OP is something of an enigma, and we don't really know what the topic is here. If we want to discuss a particular action or view espoused on CBS, let's start a new thread specific to that.
Closed Thread