The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old December 22, 2021, 08:28 PM   #1
Crosshair

Value of a Bauska BBK-02 Square Bridge Magnum Action?

Cleaning my basement and came across a Bauska BBK-02 Square Bridge Magnum Action that I bought years ago at an auction with a laminated stock. I had originally thought about making a 338 Lapua rifle or a 510 Whisper, but I am now thinking I should sell it to fund other projects.

The question is, how much is it worth? I figure I should have a faint idea before I start trying to sell it.

From what I find, they're a quality magnum action, though not as smooth as some makers. Out of production, so limited in supply.

Here is a little of what I have found. Let me know if anyone knows anything else,

https://revivaler.com/bauska-bbk-02-...416-remington/

https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...estion-127378/

Obviously I'm not expecting to get this much for a bare action, but here's a complete custom gun with such an action, https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101206794

Thanks for any help you can give. Attached are the photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2021-12-21_20-56-06.jpg (48.0 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2021-12-21_20-56-01.jpg (46.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg photo_2021-12-21_20-55-49.jpg (44.7 KB, 55 views)
Old December 23, 2021, 09:50 AM   #2
std7mag

Interesting piece you have there!

Stamping that would be below the stock line shows " Made in Korea" with the company name.
I'm wondering if this might be an "early production" that Bauska had made for him by that company?

Wear on the extractor showing some bolt movement.

But you don't see magnum Mauser type actions everyday.

One problem with doing a build on a Mauser action is that they are HEAVY!

Were i in the market for a magnum Mauser action, i'm thinking i wouldn't pay much over $500 for one. But i'm a cheap a$$.

A complete rifle built on this, by the manufacturer stamped on the action, yeah THAT would have garnered premium money!

"Januarary 6th insurrection".
Funny, I didn't see a single piece of rope...
Old December 23, 2021, 11:39 AM   #3
ligonierbill

Well you can buy a new Remington 700 action for $600, and they're readily available. I'm sure you checked Gunbroker and saw that Granite Mountain action offered at $4,250! Maybe offer it at a minimum bid of $1,000 to $1,200 and see where it goes. On one hand, that's dirt cheap for a square bridge Mauser, even a copy. On the other, pros putting together a custom will spring for the high price and charge their customer accordingly. Your market is the amateur trying to put something together, and I'm afraid std7mag is right, we're all cheap.
Old December 23, 2021, 08:26 PM   #4
JustJake

Does it have the older magnum action BRNO ZKK-style "pop-up" peep sight located inside the rear bridge?

If not, subtract 30%.

Those old BRNO actions are selling for huge bucks on the auction sites, ... when you can find them.
Old December 24, 2021, 07:59 AM   #5
BornFighting88

That puppy looks almost identical to my Dumoulin action, down to the adjustable trigger. Just doesn’t have as fancy of a safety block/ cocking piece as yours does. Mine was just under $300 brand new. I also bought it three years ago before all this crap hit the fan.

Nice action, hope you walk away with a pretty penny for it. Bit too rich for my blood, though. I’d be willing to pay the grand for the completed gun, but not just the guts. I, too, am a bit of a cheap a$$. Hahah