The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old November 30, 2019, 10:12 PM   #126
zoo

I am sometimes willing to better accept that there will be situations where I'm simply under-equipped and quite possibly SOL.

Under such mind-states I'm more likely to carry the five round snubby haha!
Old November 30, 2019, 10:49 PM   #127
FireForged

Quote:
I carry 7+1 in my gun & 1 extra 7rd mag. If I need more than that I got in the wrong fight & the man upstairs will have to decide my outcome.
I look at my carry gun as something to use to get my A$$ out of the line of fire.
If I'm going to stand & fight I had better be at home or close to my truck where I can get to my 2nd gun.
Most things I have read about shootouts it doesn't last long, a mag full at most.
The weapon you start with is very likely going to be the weapon you end with.

The idea of fighting to some other weapon is rather hopeful at best and possibly naïve at worst.

There is no "right fight".. there is just "the fight".

As far as the man upstairs goes, I wont tell anyone what to believe but I am of the opinion that we as human beings have a fairly advanced brain for good reason. I plan to use mine to help foster a favorable outcome to whatever adverse condition I find myself in the middle of.
Old December 1, 2019, 05:58 AM   #128
Brit

I started a very similar post. DO WE NEED A HI CAPACITY PISTOL! more or less. It has gone on for over 14 pages.

Over the years, my Glock 19 has become rather big! So downsizing to the New purchase, a Glock 43X and a spare mag has happened. Total 21 rounds of 147g 9MM federal.
From the draw, 11 rounds. It will be enough, or it will not. And I have always considered the extra magazine, more of a just in case, as in a malfunction, than a gun emptied situation. Coming with a set of Ameriglow night sights, big plus.

But always being armed a good thing.

Last edited by Brit; December 2, 2019 at 06:02 AM.
Old December 2, 2019, 12:29 PM   #129
Tactical Jackalope

Quote:
How many of you regularly wear plate carriers as part of your normal attire? There are snipers with rifles out there.
Awwww...lol, why are you mad though? No one mentioned plate carriers but we can open up a new thread if you want to talk about those.

Really, if people carrying more reloads than you upsets you so much then maybe you should question yourself as to why?
Closed Thread