The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old November 9, 2000, 12:13 PM   #1
DOCSpanky

Due to repeated shoulder problems, today i traded my pump action MOSSBERG 500 in today. I was just unable to shoot it comfortably.

Don't fear however, I traded it in on a BROWNING GOLD HUNTER in 20 ga.

The stock on this gun is immaculate, it appears the gun was originally intended for the custom shop, and for some reason was pulled from the line and sent as a standard finish. All of the writing and the BUCKMARK on the trigger group is engraved, not acid etched like the regular guns. Real gold is inlaid into the grooves versus the gold paint on regular models. And I got it all for under $600.00!!!!!

------------------
"Government is not the solution to the problem, Government is the problem!"--Ronald Reagan
Old November 9, 2000, 05:19 PM   #2
Gunslinger

Dang Doc. I was expecting to discover you had switched to the Remington 870 camp and was going to admonish you severly.
Sounds like a great deal. I'm envious.

------------------
Gunslinger

Missouri; Home to ballot fraud and dead senators. We're so proud.
Old November 9, 2000, 06:55 PM   #3
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Enjoy the new toy,Spanky. When the shoulder gets better, say so and I'll look for a bargain 870(G)...

(Darth Vader voice) "Come over to the Dark Side, my son"....
Old November 9, 2000, 09:24 PM   #4
DOCSpanky

I fight all the time on the .22 front. I refuse to be one of the sheeple who worship at the first baptist church of the 10/22

As for the 870, or the 1100/1187, in side by side comparison today, the Remingtons were not in the same state, to say nothing of being in the ball-park with the BROWNING!

The dealer sold it to me at a loss, he misquoted the gun, and because he is an honorable man, did not recant on his offered price.

From now on, I will proudly show off my BUCKMARK!

------------------
"Government is not the solution to the problem, Government is the problem!"--Ronald Reagan