The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old June 19, 2011, 06:20 PM   #1
Boberama

The little line?

I don't know what else to call it.

I would like to remove the little line seperating my signature from my posts, so that all my posts are ended with

Quote:
sincerely,

Boberama

Paws up! ('')('')

Right now my sig is seperated, and I don't like having to type in something each time.
Old June 19, 2011, 08:39 PM   #2
Mal H
Staff

It can't be removed. If you have a signature, you get the little line free of charge.
Old June 20, 2011, 12:09 AM   #3
Boberama

Quote:
If you have a signature, you get the little line free of charge.

Is it proper, then, to append my "signature" to each of my posts instead of filling in the signature box?
Old June 20, 2011, 08:24 AM   #4
Al Norris
Moderator Emeritus

There are some who do it that way.
Old June 20, 2011, 08:39 AM   #5
Mike Irwin
Staff

But, which is your "signature."

The notice about Lady Gaga?

Or the paw prints?

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old June 20, 2011, 11:53 AM   #6
tyme
Staff

I think everyone can figure out that you're Boberama even if you don't put your username in your sig...

Also, personally I don't like the idea of static content in the body of your posts. The entire reason for sticking that stuff in a signature is that it makes it easier for people to unconsciously skim over (or if they really want no sigs displayed, there's a setting in usercp for that).

Putting sig material in the body of your post, without the separating signature line, makes it harder for people to skim over that stuff, which IMO is bad. Particularly if that static content relates to promoting pop culture.
“Who are you?” “A friend. I'm here to prevent you from making a mistake.” “You have no idea what I'm doing here, friend.” “In specific terms, no, but I swore an oath to protect the world...” (continuum)
“It's a goal you won't understand until later. Your job is to make sure he doesn't achieve the goal.” (bsg)
Old June 20, 2011, 01:31 PM   #7
Boberama

Quote:
But, which is your "signature."

The notice about Lady Gaga?

Or the paw prints?
I was just going to put "Paws up. ('') ('')" or "Sincerely, Boberama. Paws up."

Quote:
Putting sig material in the body of your post, without the separating signature line, makes it harder for people to skim over that stuff, which IMO is bad.
I don't notice a difference in noticing other's sigs because of the line, but that's just me.

Thanks.