The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Closed Thread

Old October 5, 2011, 04:48 PM   #1
Skans

It's October......Zombie Threads?

I know that Zombie, TEOTWAWKI, SHTF threads are generally not permitted, but didn't the moderators see fit to permit some of these last year.....in October.....in the spirit of Halloween? Just wondering.
Old October 5, 2011, 05:16 PM   #2
B. Lahey

You may be jumping the gun a bit, but I heartily endorse it.
Old October 5, 2011, 05:26 PM   #3
youngunz4life

GOOD CALL

"The Thing" is in theaters 14OCT2011 too. This movie is a prequel, so the end of it would be the very beginning of the 1982 movie "The Thing" w/Kurt Russell and made by John Carpenter(Halloween - 1978).

The first one was 1951: "The Thing From Another World" which anyone and everyone referred to as 'The Thing' until the 1982 movie came out. The 1951 movie was inspired by the famous tale and story written on 1938, but the 1982 version is the version that is completely "true" to the 1938 version. They both do have many similarities anyways. John Carpenter said he decided he wanted to be a moviemaker of horrors when he was 3. He said he was in the movie theater in 1951 with his dad(or dad & mom), and he was absolutely amazed how he could be so scared even though he was sitting with his dad and only watching something on a screen that wasn't supposed to be real. The movie he made was his tribute to this movie nicknamed 'the thing' from 1951 and titled "The Thing" in 1982.

I guess you might've figured out I'll be seeing the movie! My Grandpa told me about the 1951 version when he seemed surprised that I was watching "The Thing" in abouts 1983 and was so young. He always said he was: "putting his bets down on me".

"The Thing" was in theaters within one week of "E.T.", so it took VCRs to make it famous and took a little longer(it was appreciated immediately in movies, but you can imagine how ET overshadowed it if you were alive then)...lots of good actors in it. Here is 1951's version(you do NOT have to do anything besides click on it and play it):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xen...rld_shortfilms

PS- I do kep my firearms ready for THE THING, the SWAMP THING or whatever else the cat might drag in such as a zombie, contaminated foot or something. LOL. producers of dawn of the dead did the 2011 version:

www.thethingmovie.net // that is the website with movie trailer and info
Old October 5, 2011, 06:13 PM   #4
Carry_24/7

I too vote for zombie thread October; should be fun.
Old October 6, 2011, 06:14 AM   #5
Mike Irwin
Staff

We may, we may not.

You'll know when we know.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Closed Thread