The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old September 17, 1999, 04:06 PM   #1
Dan

I went to the range today with my HK USP .40C. Burned up 100 rnds of 180 gr Blazer working on double taps w/the DA/SA trigger. I'm getting to where I want to be...

As I was checking out the manager says "We got the True Fire System installed, wanna see?"

No sh#t I wanna see.

Well had to lay down the plastic for another 100 rnds and in I went. They have 3 scenarios, a western, a drug lord, and something else... bouncing balls or something.

I went with the drug lord scenario. It was entertaining, fast and fun. I should have had another 50 rnds. Overall, like Duke Nukem but with your own gun. Went too quick.

I think that I will stick with more meaningful handgun drills for the most part, and shoot the True Fire occasionally when I'm in the the mood for just fun. I didn't find the scenario to be really comparable to what an armed citizen would encounter. It was more like a Miami Vice episode. But that ain't all bad either.

------------------
Dan

Check me out at:
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/interest.htm
www.mindspring.com/~susdan/GlocksnGoodies.htm

Old September 18, 1999, 01:00 AM   #2
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

No - it isn't practical use of your range time - but fun as heck.

Make sure that you steep yourself in the basics and you can play around with that kind of shooting for fun.

But - and be honest... You want to go back and do it some more right?

See - this is a good thing that can be used to promote shooting. Just as long as some one doesnt make it into a Primetime news story.

------------------
"There is no limit to stupidity. Space itself is said to be bounded by its own curvature, but stupidity continues beyond infinity."
RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE
The Critic formerly known as Kodiac