Old September 6, 2007, 09:24 PM   #1
MyXD40

Video: what would you do for SD?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vlyp8HOEoPE
WARNING: BAD WORDS! F, N,S,B words -not work friendly

what would you do?
Old September 6, 2007, 09:26 PM   #2
MyXD40

now I'm pretty sure he's hyped up on something..so if some of you were to reply of getting out of your car, and drawing your gun and threating to shoot him, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't care and still come after you..
Old September 6, 2007, 10:23 PM   #3
Tanzer

Why get out of the car? I counted four good chances for her to drive over him in her state of panic. He'd have cared about that, I dare say. He was obviously a threat, and even admitted it on film, though I doubt she knew it.
Old September 7, 2007, 12:57 AM   #4
teejhot.40cal

na

Last edited by teejhot.40cal; September 7, 2007 at 01:35 AM.
Old September 7, 2007, 06:38 PM   #5
Erratic

Shot. dead. No question. I have no tolerance for people like that. If someone ever does that to me he will be dead. Period. I'm not racist, but that guy is not making it any easier for people that are racist to have an open mind.
Old September 7, 2007, 07:02 PM   #6
Hosses

Video was deleted by Youtube.

Anyone have another link?
Old September 7, 2007, 07:59 PM   #7
MyXD40

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmgE9csoMek

New link

just type in crack gangster and a few of the same videos pop up
Old September 8, 2007, 05:19 PM   #8
jephthai

My word! Did it look like there were small children in the car? As soon as that window broke, he would have been flattened! She had an excellent chance to hit him in reverse after he broke her windows...

That's the kind of thing that scares me, personally -- not only for myself, but for my wife and child (soon to be children).

I'd just hope that the cops recovered that tape for my vindication.

-Jephthai-
Old September 8, 2007, 08:14 PM   #9
rampage841512

I'd draw my gun and aim yelling for him to stop or I'd fire. Any move in any direction but away from me and I'd fire. I'm not letting this guy endanger me or anyone else in the car. Same goes if I was another pedestrian or driver and saw this whole thing go down.

Say that this guy is not acting in a way which puts one in danger of death or serious injury is both idiotic and morally corrupt.
Old September 8, 2007, 08:23 PM   #10
otasan

Well

If I were in the car under attack by a hyper-violent man with a tire iron, I'd air him out pronto! 9x19 to the rescue!
Old September 9, 2007, 10:10 AM   #11
3 weelin geezer

Don't need a little 155 gr bullet when you are riding in one that weighs a whole lot more. That lady was stupid waiting for the traffic to clear. Hell, Hit him and let the guy in front know you are COMMANDING him to get out of the way or just drive on the sidewalk. Funny how every one else just looks on and doesn't even roll down the window and tell his crack a** to stfu and go get high or something. Still, kinda hard to do anything when a car is sitting right on top of you.
Old September 9, 2007, 06:53 PM   #12
Tanzer

Quote:
If I were in the car under attack by a hyper-violent man with a tire iron, I'd air him out pronto! 9x19 to the rescue!
Quote:
Shot. dead. No question
Too many innocents. Know your target and what is beyond. Run him over, and leave him under the car. It would be much easier to describe how you panicked and tried to get away, but traffic was in the way.
Road Pizza.
Old September 9, 2007, 07:08 PM   #13
buckstopshere

That scares me more thinking that that could be my wife, mother, aunt etc. and my son or nephew in the back seat. I would have done one of a few things providing that I could manage to keep the combat mindset and think clearly. One, get the hell out of there and fast! Better to fender bend someone and get them moving or pull around them and gain some space between me and that crazy mofo. Second, good defensive ammo and over penetration probably would not be an issue. That's why I love that hard thumpin', slow movin' .45 ACP. One to center mass, many two or more depending on how hopped up on crack he is. Plenty of opportunity to figure out target while screaming "Stop, put the weapon down, Stop!!!"
Old September 10, 2007, 10:11 AM   #14
revance

I dunno about using a firearm from inside the car as I didn't see any time the backstop was safe. It looked like a whole parking lot full of people in their cars waiting to get out.

This is a situation where the best protection is a good Samaritan. While she couldn't draw on him safely from inside the car, if a bystander a few cars away had a gun, they could safely draw on him from cover and command him to stop. I hope if I ever witnessed that I would step up.

I do think ANY amount force she could safely use was justified to stop an attack like that. There is NO reason to think a man screaming and cursing while breaking the windows in on your car with a tire iron has any intentions other than hurting/killing you.
Old September 10, 2007, 11:34 AM   #15
MyXD40

Good reply guys. Yes there are too many people around to just open fire. I would love to take him out with a .40 being I'm sure he's been in jail many times and done many horrible things, so to just keep him off the streets for good is fine with me. But I'd hate to shoot someone in their car waiting to go home because my bullet went through this guy. Running him over would be a good thing. I don't see how going up on the sidewalk could be effective though, being there was lots of bolted down items in the way. This is where I think a stun gun would be handy..just hope this never happens to me anytime in my life.
Old September 26, 2007, 10:26 PM   #16
SpectreBlofeld

Even if you can't safely shoot him, I bet the sight of a gun would put some sense in him.
Old September 27, 2007, 12:28 AM   #17
DougO83

umm...

Looks staged to me...however, anyone comes up beatin on my car (down here that's a lethal threat, he could hit me and cause serious bodily injury) he's gonna probably be in severe pain or suffering from massive bloodloss.

Matt 6:33
Old September 27, 2007, 02:27 AM   #18
KChen986

Accelerate. Reverse. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Definitely would have ran him over.
Old September 27, 2007, 08:24 AM   #19
Tanzer

Quote:
Even if you can't safely shoot him, I bet the sight of a gun would put some sense in him.
Bet it wouldn't.
Old September 27, 2007, 09:38 AM   #20
dbgun

Quote:
Definitely would have ran him over.
+1
Old September 27, 2007, 06:07 PM   #21
PJW001

Too many innocents in general area to use handgun and for that reason it should not be pulled in this sit.

If she were to hit him with vehicle and not kill him rest assured that although she would IMHO not face any prosecution there would defiantly be an ambulance chasing lawyer ready to take his case and sue her.

Stun gun IMHO would be the way to go with this POS however that is not what I carry. I would have to simply say that I would hit him with my vehicle and worry about possible events later. There were at least 2 times he was directly in front of or behind vehicle.