The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 1, 2013, 03:26 PM   #26
Raise

Im looking to get a conversion barrel for my newly purchased g23. It will just be for 9mm target shooting. Has anyone heard of any feeding issues with the Lone Wolf barrels?
Old May 1, 2013, 03:34 PM   #27
Viper99

Have a 9mm for my G27 from them. Works great.
Old May 1, 2013, 03:35 PM   #28
Tactical Jackalope

Oh hello, me again. I bought one for my Glock 19. An extended and compensated one. Haven't tried it yet, can't wait to though.
Old May 2, 2013, 09:21 AM   #29
rodfac

I've got both Lone Wolf and Storm Lake 9mm barrels for my G23. (Forgot I had the Storm Lake on back order!). Both are easily as accurate at the factory Glock .40. Both require 9mm magazines to function correctly. Quality and accuracy are indistinguishable...

I bought the Lone Wolf initially because my wife was hesitant to shoot the .40 due to recoil issues. After trying the .40 with 135 & 155 gr ammunition (and after I ordered the Lone Wolf 9mm barrel), she was happy with the larger caliber. We use the 9mm barrels for lead alloy bullets in 9mm which cuts down on the expense of practice rounds. I cast my own 9mm 124 gr TWC's from wheel weights so actual bullet cost is down below a penny a piece if you disregard the cost of molds, furnace, sizers etc.

I think either is a good choice if you want to shoot lead alloy bullets, or desire a different caliber on the same frame. They work as well as the original factory barrels as far as reliability and both were "drop-in" fits...no adjustment necessary. The hard part was finding 9mm Glock magazines in the current hysteria driven market.

HTH's Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.
Old May 2, 2013, 09:42 AM   #30
dsa1115

I have a KKM barrel in my G21 and I've been very impressed with it. I'd checkout a KKM for your G23.

http://www.kkmprecision.com/shopping...page=cat&cat=G
Old May 5, 2013, 06:30 PM   #31
Plumbnut

I purchased a threaded lonewolf barrel for my G19 and WOW I'm very impressed. Tight tight groups now.....

I'm buying them for every glock I own now.

Today was the second time I shot the lonewolf barrel and its a dream to shoot now.....To me there is no other feeling in the world like having the point of impact right where you intended it.
Old May 5, 2013, 07:23 PM   #32
Tactical Jackalope

Lonewolf barrels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plumbnut View Post
I purchased a threaded lonewolf barrel for my G19 and WOW I'm very impressed. Tight tight groups now.....

I'm buying them for every glock I own now.

Today was the second time I shot the lonewolf barrel and its a dream to shoot now.....To me there is no other feeling in the world like having the point of impact right where you intended it.
that excites me. I totally forgot I had mine the last time I went shooting with my Glock 19.

Can't wait!
Old May 5, 2013, 07:27 PM   #33
Plumbnut

After I put about 100 -150 rounds through it,the groups got tighter.

I see you have the ported version. Please let me know how you like it

I got the ported one for my Glock 21 not have not fired it yet.

I plan on getting one for the G23 and maybe a conversion barrel as well.

I got the bug now
Old May 5, 2013, 07:32 PM   #34
Tactical Jackalope

Lonewolf barrels

I'll definitely let you know! I'll report back here or PM you. I may go to the range tomorrow hopefully. I've never fired the ported version either. But I had a normal one when I had a Glock 27 in .40 and wanted it in 9mm. It was phenomenal. I can only imagine this one. Might get the threaded black version for my Glock 21
Old May 5, 2013, 07:36 PM   #35
Plumbnut

Thanks!

I got the stainless versions but thought about having my gunsmith cerakoted them black next time I have something done......I'm considering having my Norinco MAK-90 cerakoted and get a new stock for it. Its over 20 years old now and had a crappy finish to begin with but i swear its a shooter....I dont think its ever failed to function. Its 7.62x39