The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old June 21, 2011, 04:24 PM   #1
Harry Callahan

IWB for M&P .40 Full Size

All,

With the news that Wisconsin will be the next to last state to allow CC I plan on spending more time there, considering the snail's pace that my Illinois is taking to get the law passed here. I was looking through some magazines looking for a comfortable holster to carry my M&P .40 in. The Milt Sparks VM-2 looks nice but I'm just wondering what other options are out there. I'm about 5'6" 195 lbs. A little heavier than I'd like but I'm working on that. Looking for value in holster and belt. Any suggestions? TIA.
"Ah ah. I know what you're thinkin'. Did he fire 6 shots or only 5? To tell you the truth in all this excitement I've kind of lost track myself. But with this being a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off... you've got to ask yourself a question. Do I feel lucky? WELL DO YA, PUNK?!!!"- Harry Callahan(Dirty Harry)
Old June 21, 2011, 09:32 PM   #2
GURU1911

Holster recommendation

MY SON-IN-LAW HAS THE EXACT SAME PISTOL AS YOU DO. HE CARRIES IT IN A "CROSSBREED SUPER-TUCK" HOLSTER---ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE WITH THAT HOLSTER. NOT THE NICEST TO LOOK AT, BUT WITHOUT A DOUBT THE MOST COMFORTABLE FOR DAILY WEAR. CHECK OUT THEIR PRODUCTS @ www.crossbreed.com

GURU1911

"THERE AIN'T TOO MANY THINGS THAT YOU CAN'T FIX, WITH $500 DOLLARS OR A .30-06"
Old June 21, 2011, 10:36 PM   #3
riggins_83

By far my favorite holster for that gun... http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=68
Old June 21, 2011, 10:53 PM   #4
ClydeFrog

Top picks for the M&P .40(full size)...

If you are a right handed gunner & want a high quality .40 holster for concealed use, see; www.Galcogunleather.com www.MiltSparks.com www.COMholsters.com www.HighNoonHolsters.com www.Blade-tech.com www.MitchRosen.com . Kydex or synthetic material are easy to clean & hold up very well to hot/humid climates. They are faster to re-holster too but keep in mind some brands or styles may cause minor wear marks on the M&P melonite.

Ted Blocker's Massad Ayoob designed LFI holster is popular & many "quiet professionals" like Kramer Gun Leather. Kramer markets horsehide rigs.

Im not a fan of the IWB holsters but high quality designs are available.
CF
Old June 23, 2011, 01:02 AM   #5
randyc74

I currently build 3 IWB and 1 OWB holsters for the M&P full size. Please fell free to check them out on my website.

Randy
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bulldo...2539637?ref=hl
Old June 23, 2011, 07:35 AM   #6
kalevatom

Crossbreed Supertuck, without a doubt! I use the same holster for the 40 fs and the compact. I added felt to the backside to keep the leather off my "rolls".