The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old February 22, 2001, 02:06 PM   #1
PvtPyle

For any new people out there and anyone that may be coming from out of town here is the "finalized" (yeah right) plans for the April shoot.

27th- BBQ at my house to get to know everyone. Starts about 1800 and runs till its time to go to the desert. Please bring a side and the drink of your choice and anything special you may want grilled. I will have plenty of hotdogs and burgers.

28th- meet at the Walkers Fuelk Stop in Lehi at the I-15/SR73 junction. At 0930 the caravan will pull out to head to the sight. We will also email the directions out to everyone that needs it closer to the date(if you want a map sent to you send me an email). There will also be small indicators on the way out there to let you know where to turn. The plan now is to use a paper plate with an orange TFL and a number. The number is the distance in miles to the next turn or sight.

We plan to have a precision shoot on maniquin heads from 100 yds.

A tactical shoot where you engare 3 targets from 20 yds and have to do either a mag change or transition to your sidearm. Two shots pre target.

We are also trying to find bowling pins for a shoot.
Lunch has yet to be determined if we will have a grill or not, I will post new info as it developes. If anyone has sunshades please bring them, it may get pretty warm.

That night there are some people camping out so if thats what you want to do have at it! I will be sticking around until after dark so I can sight in my NV scope for my AR. Anyone wanting to test the muzzle flash of their weapon at night, lets do it. I will be recording the whole thing!

29th- More of the same. Wrap up around lunch or a little later so we can clean weapons and the out of towners can get on the road and home at a decent hour. We locals can stay and play of course as long as we want.

Hotels near the action and freeways:

Holiday Inn 801-571-2511
Courtyard Marriot 801-571-3600
Extended Stay 801-523-1331

I want to tell everyone how psyched I am about this and how much we are looking forward to meeting everyone! Be safe!

[Edited by PvtPyle on 02-23-2001 at 05:18 PM]
Old February 23, 2001, 05:52 PM   #2
WVC

Just to let you know I'll be there for sure!
Old February 23, 2001, 06:25 PM   #3
Different

We plan to be there. Thanks for the invite.
Old March 1, 2001, 05:42 PM   #4
PvtPyle

April

BTT
Old March 3, 2001, 02:33 PM   #5
sbryce

As of this moment, I plan to come to the BBQ. Being pregnant, I shouldn't come to the shoot, but I really want to meet ya'll. Barring crises at home, I'll bring 2 loaves of homemade bread.

Very much looking forward to the 27th!

--Denise

-------
Train your children right: homeschool!!!
Old March 29, 2001, 01:59 PM   #6
Correia

Just thought I would bring this back to the top for everyone's benefit.

Looking forward to doing some shooting with other TFLers again!

Old March 29, 2001, 02:46 PM   #7
Doug444

Looks like my scouts aren't selling as many trees as we'd hoped, so after I spend a little time at the State YHEC shoot I'll plan to come down for the "night shoot" and probably stay over as well. I'll try to make the BBQ on Friday night, too. Pvt. Pyle - please send me an email with the directions to your house and the shoot sight. See you there!

Doug444

[Edited by Doug444 on 03-30-2001 at 10:43 AM]
Old March 30, 2001, 11:07 PM   #8
Karsten

I want so bad to make it but I have a toy to pay for and rounds to load, mags to buy and some sort of optic's for an AR15.
Can I ask, will a regular car, large be able to get where you all plan to shoot?

Karsten
Old March 30, 2001, 11:50 PM   #9
Correia

Karsten, somebody got a regular Oldsmobile out there last time.

And if you need a ride, let us know and we can arrange something. In fact what we did last time was after we all hooked up at the gas station we all kind of piled into what vehicles were availible with more clearance and left the remainder there. If we have more folks we can always drive cars out the to Pony Express monument and ferry people the last mile in in the back of pickups.
Old April 14, 2001, 02:45 PM   #10
George Hill
Staff Alumnus

Bringing this back to light... This event is coming up!
Old April 14, 2001, 04:05 PM   #11
PvtPyle

April

Dont forget to see the other more recent post on the location of the shoot itself. We will give directions to everyone again at the BBQ.

Look forward to seeing you all there.
Old April 16, 2001, 01:10 PM   #12
Correia

I'm getting pretty pumped. I took out my FAL this weekend and put about 100 rounds through it just to make sure that I don't suck it up in front of all my fellow TFLers. Of course my little brother shot circles around me with the rifle (which he had never shot before).

Also took my sister's boyfriend out shooting with us. He had never fired a pistol before, but I watched him hit a 2 liter pop bottle at 100 yards with a Browning Buckmark on his 2nd try. No I'm not making that up either. He said that he missed the first time because he forgot that I said the bullet the would drop some at that range.

Well enough rambling! See you guys at the BBQ!