The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 7, 2009, 12:42 AM   #1
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Indian Creek Choke Tubes

I just learned that Indian Creek is a choke tube company that makes the Black Diamond series choke tubes and is from a small town close to me in Frohna, MO. Dang, I never thought I would see Frohna, MO on the internet. Anyway, I thought I would tell you guys that these choke tubes they make have won the NWTF Still Shoot Championships the last 3 years running. They also swept every class last year in 2008 I believe. The Black Diamond Strike choke tube also has the world record for most shot in a 3 inch circle at 40yds. 54 shot is that record now. They also broke the muzzle loading record as well. You can read all about it here. I thought I would share this info with you guys. I guess I'm going to have to try one of these chokes. I work with a guy who knows these guys and is from the same area, and told me all about them. I think he said the boy that designed this choke tube was 19 at the time. Pretty amazing stuff. Now I have always said that slots or angular cuts don't improve pattern performance, but after reading about how well these tubes have performed at this turkey shoot event against others that I believe were there, I may just be wrong.

http://www.indiancreekss.com/home.htm

Last edited by Brad Clodfelter; February 7, 2009 at 12:52 AM.
Old February 7, 2009, 12:44 AM   #2
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Here's a picture of the 54 shot in the 3 inch circle that broke the world record.

Old February 7, 2009, 12:50 AM   #3
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Here's a close up picture of the Black Diamond Strike choke tube.

Old February 7, 2009, 05:10 PM   #4
Dave McC
Staff In Memoriam

Thanks for posting this, Brad. The largest shotgun sport in the US is card shooting, I'm told. It's surprising there not more interest on the Net.
Old February 7, 2009, 09:42 PM   #5
SumToy Custom Barrel

The deal with the win is something to pull the wool of your eyes. We looked into going after it for a short time. The deal is that everybody don't get one shot. You can shoot and then pay 10.00 more bucks and shoot. If you keep on paying the money you keep shooting. So you can buy the win if you want to.

But they do have a real good over the counter choke.
Old February 8, 2009, 01:30 AM   #6
Brad Clodfelter
Registration in progress

Thanks Dave.

SumToy,

The NWTF Still Target Championships isn't won by money. Granted you may have to pay to enter, but everyone gets equal opportunity at trying to win.
Old February 8, 2009, 10:33 AM   #7
SumToy Custom Barrel

Brad what I am saying is that if it was like we shoot or like the guys that shot trap it would be the best way to do it. Our big target shoots you shoot 8 to 10 rounds. You miss you are out of that round. Same way with trap. The way they do it is you don't hit it you go pay and do it over and over. So you can take some one that has a lot of money and a gun that they have worked on and keep buying rounds to they get that one luck shot. One more BIG thing is that they have gone to a all out group now. They let you do what ever you want to the barrel. I know the barrel that won the event this year. LOL There was some one inch custom built barrels that shot in the event this year. It would be nice to have them go back to the old way to see who had the best choke. A over the counter stock barrel and a choke that they build. Give them say 2 to 3 shoots then pic the best out of them.
I am not putting no one down because they have a real good choke. But next year it could be that the best choke does not win. Look at it this way. We have some chokes we do for card shooting. In a stock gun we may be a little better then another choke. If we put it in one of our all out super stock barrels we are day and night over them. Now I could just set back and let you buy a choke and then when it did not work say it is your gun not my choke. That is not fare to you are anybody else.

That is all that I am trying to say. Because Indiancreek does have one of the best over the counter chokes that you can buy.

Last edited by SumToy Custom Barrel; February 9, 2009 at 08:48 AM.