The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 11, 2010, 11:44 AM   #1
gibbs1189

Mossberg 500 Stock set

I'm wanting to get a wooden stock set for my Mossberg 500 persuader, but I've heard that they have a different action slide, or something to that effect that makes the normal after market stocks impossible to put on unless you buy a new action slide and put it on, etc, etc. Does anyone know of any wooden stock sets that are made for the new 500's? This gun was purchased at Academy last year, and was new in the box.
Old February 11, 2010, 11:46 AM   #2
hogdogs
Staff In Memoriam

http://havlinsales.com/default.htm
Go to "Modern Shotgun Parts" on left side... Scrolling down and in the 500 section he has pics of how to measure to get the right length fore end.

Also, he is the least expensive for factory take offs and "blems"...
Brent
Old February 14, 2010, 03:24 AM   #3
cdnbacon

The butt stock is interchangeable for the Mossberg 500 or the Maverick. If you have a Maverick, you can't replace the forend without getting a new set of action bars for a 500 as the maverick forend is pinned into the action bars rather than having a metal tube under the forend....If your gun is truly a 500 (will be marked on the receiver and will have a tang safety), you are all set...just follow the advice given by the previous poster regarding Havlin sales. They are a good outfit and I have bought several wood stock sets from them in the past.