The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old February 27, 2009, 04:22 PM   #1
OHdeerhuntingmarine

Just bought a Stoeger Condor 12gauge. I need input, what do ya'll think?

My only shotgun that I used to own was the my old tank, the 870. I love it, obviously, and use it for everything from deer to the occasional trap shoot. I have always wanted an O/U and because I don't shoot too much, I didn't want to fork out the $$$ for a high end shotgun. I was in the shop today and there was a used Stoeger Condor for $200. Needless to say I purchased it. I would be out shooting today, but, MY BACKGROUND CHECK WAS DELAYED!! Which is understandably annoying, but something that a lot of people have to live with apparently. So, do any of you own this shotgun? Or, what have you heard about it? Thanks a lot for the input to my very first post!!!!!
Old February 28, 2009, 11:19 AM   #2
YodaMage

I own one. With the right choke combo it is a solid gun for skeet.
Old February 28, 2009, 07:52 PM   #3
SMITH910

I did a little research and if I found one like you did for even $250, I'd a snatched it up. It is a decent gun that should go bang without problems. Good deal by the way and smart choice buy it!
Old February 28, 2009, 09:04 PM   #4
OHdeerhuntingmarine

yea, I can't wait to get a hold of it after my ridiculous DELAY period is over. Anyways, I was just browsing and I saw it on the used rack, with a tag that said $210. I COULD NOT pass that up. It's in outstanding condition and looks brand new. I'm quite anxious to break a little clay with it.
Old March 1, 2009, 04:24 PM   #5
OHdeerhuntingmarine

bump. I still don't have it yet, Anybody have any other input?
Old March 3, 2009, 04:20 PM   #6
dakotashooter2

They make a great "utility" gun.You know one that can get kicked around in the truck and you don't have to worry about it. For that price I would have jumped on it too. I'm actually keeping my eye out for one of their outback guns (20" barrel with rifle sights) if I can find a used one, though they are only about $330 new. I want one in 20 ga for my truck. I found them a little "bulky" for my taste in a field gun but know a few guys who have had decent luck with them.
Old March 5, 2009, 05:28 PM   #7
OHdeerhuntingmarine

I FINALLY got my shotgun. I am thrilled about it. I am going to go break some clays tomorrow afternoon and thanks to this recent snap of warm weather here in WV, it should be a lot of fun. Thanks a lot for the input!