The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 28, 2019, 08:31 AM   #1
reynolds357

Franchi Affinity

Any experiences with or direct knowledge about them? How close to that of Benelli is their quality?
Old July 31, 2019, 08:36 AM   #2
FITASC

Franchi, like Benelli, is part of the Beretta Group where each acts independently, but do share certain aspects to avoid duplication of costs and benefits from volume power. What are your plans for the gun?
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old July 31, 2019, 10:06 AM   #3
TrueBlue711

I literally just got my wife the Franchi Affinity Youth model. We haven't even had a chance to shoot it yet, but I'm impressed with it. Out of the three mentioned (Beretta, Benelli, Franchi), it would be at the bottom for quality. But it's far from a piece of crap.
Old August 1, 2019, 09:35 AM   #4
reynolds357

My plans are Turkey and dove.
Old August 1, 2019, 11:27 AM   #5
FITASC

It should do just fine for those pursuits
"I believe that people have a right to decide their own destinies; people own themselves. I also believe that, in a democracy, government exists because (and only so long as) individual citizens give it a 'temporary license to exist'—in exchange for a promise that it will behave itself. In a democracy, you own the government—it doesn't own you."- Frank Zappa
Old August 1, 2019, 03:24 PM   #6
totaldla

Quote:
Originally Posted by reynolds357 View Post
Any experiences with or direct knowledge about them? How close to that of Benelli is their quality?
I've owned one for 4 years now. It is my duck gun. It always works and has been rust free with just the normal maintenance. I know I have 1k rounds of trap loads and 200 rounds of heavy waterfowl loads through it. I've used with ice and mud on it.
The only downside was the availability of the different Length of Pull butt pads. And there is a gotcha that it won't feed from the magazine a shell with a COL greater than 2.65" - but neither will any of the Italian autoloaders.
I'd buy another if I needed yet another shotgun
Old August 11, 2019, 10:40 PM   #7
Creek Henry

I have a 20 ga and love it. Perfect for Dove and skeet
Old August 11, 2019, 11:02 PM   #8
LRDGCO

Franchi is now effectively a brand, think Marlin under Remington, rather than a stand alone company under Beretta. The distinct branding allows sub-premium pricing but the Affinity is a Benelli inertia design and the manufacturing quality,if not the finished and furniture, is on par with its well-heeled Italian siblings. I don't like an inertia gun for competition but for your intended use, it's a good value.
Old August 22, 2019, 03:11 PM   #9
Husqvarna

Super happy with mine

Never missed a reload and still doesnt even get dirty

You can adjust pitch/drop with shims.

Lightweight so there is snappy recoil.