Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old July 28, 2006, 06:25 PM   #1
gunslinger555

full-auto alternatives: no paperwork, no registration and legal

do these products realy work?
http://www.triggerattachments.com/
Old July 28, 2006, 09:12 PM   #2
BamaXD

Looks like the "Hellfire" is just bump firing to me...but thats just me. -BamaXD
Old July 28, 2006, 09:40 PM   #3
gunslinger555

it looks like you can make one your self
Old July 29, 2006, 12:54 AM   #4
Hkmp5sd

They are a waste of money and ammunition. If you want to waste ammunition, learn to bump fire.
Old July 29, 2006, 01:10 AM   #5
Tayta_Mayne

I have seen these before. It would be nice if they worked but i am doubtful. If any of those were to work I would think it would be the first two listed on the site the "Super-Tac" and the "Auto Burst". I think the auto burst may work if it is made how i think it is and if you pratice enough with it. If anyone has any experience with these please share. If I hear good thing I may just buy an auto burst.
Old July 29, 2006, 07:48 AM   #6
TexasSIGMan

Quote:
If I hear good thing I may just buy an auto burst.
Why? It's still just bump firing. The only thing that attachment does is keep your finger closer to the trigger when you are learning how to bump fire.

After you bump fire a while you will realize it's uselessness.

You have to hold the weapon with a very light touch so that it floats in your hands, not exactly conducive to accuracy....
Old July 29, 2006, 11:39 AM   #7
gunslinger555

i think im going to get the GAT trigger system you can make your own variations of the others
Old July 30, 2006, 02:20 AM   #8
Tayta_Mayne

The way it looked to me on the auto burst was that if you lightly held the trigger it would reset faster and keep firing. I guess i could be wrong though, why, have you had hands on experience with this model?
Old July 30, 2006, 09:45 AM   #9
gunslinger555

it looks so simple http://www.hellstormtriggers.com/aut...ountingIns.htm
Old July 30, 2006, 12:45 PM   #10
miniuzi

I wouldn't call it an alternative for full auto fire since in essence all the things do is simplify bump firing. Accuracy is out the window compared to a real full auto rifle or subgun so any practical application is out of the question. I would think you would get more enjoyment out of renting a full auto at one of the many machine gun shoots held in the USA each year. Nothing quite like some trigger time on a belt-fed to make you smile.
Old July 30, 2006, 01:45 PM   #11
gunslinger555

not all are simplifing bumpfiring and with this one (a crank) you can shoulder and fire accuratly with some practice of course http://www.hellstormtriggers.com/instsgat.htm
Old July 30, 2006, 03:32 PM   #12
James K
Member In Memoriam

So you get something that won't allow accuate fire, making the gun about useless, but which will make noise like a machinegun and attract LOTS of attention.

"Gee, officer, that really isn't an illegal machinegun, it is just sort of a thing that fires like a machinegun, but, well... er, BATFE says, er...., so according to Section... Hey, darn it, those cuffs hurt, and did you really have to throw the gun on the concrete and shove me over the car hood??? What do you mean the right to remain silent...? You can't arrest me, it's legal, I tell you..."

Jim
Old July 30, 2006, 04:44 PM   #13
VUPDblue

LMAO, Jim
Old July 30, 2006, 06:33 PM   #14
gunslinger555

it said on the web site the reson the atf thaught david caresh had machine guns was we had the hellfire trigger enhacement system. someone called the atf and vualla inocent women and childen dead. hey it also says it hire http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...7675658&q=waco on second thaught ill just rent full autos at the range i dont want my house burnt down or my pet shot or me shot in the back etc. etc.
Old July 30, 2006, 08:02 PM   #15
James K
Member In Memoriam

The guys around here who own legal full auto weapons have a very remote "undisclosed location" and are very careful with where their bullets go. Plus the closer neighbors are known friendly and not likely to call the cops.

But the "bump fire" and "crank off" types don't seem to care much as they are "legal" (as they never cease to remind us) and think they can spray bullets all over the place shooting from the hip or other interesting positions. I have no desire to stop anyone from shooting anything safely, but many areas are far from gun friendly, and reports of "terrorists practicing with machineguns" is something gun folks don't need. Nor do cops need the hassle of getting into their black bunny suits and doing the SWAT thing only to find a wise-a** kid with a crank-fire yelling about how he is legal, legal. Believe me, if those guys miss the Super Bowl on TV, they going to make an arrest for something!

Sure, the "perp" probably won't be convicted, and might not even be charged, but by the time he makes bond and spends time in jail, he will wish he had stuck to a single shot .22.

Jim
Old July 30, 2006, 08:24 PM   #16
smince

I like the part in the GAT instructions where they advise you to "Watch where you shoot and use the device. Remember, the sound of machine gun fire can cause problems" and "Always carry your 'legality card'".

As far as the "don't overtighten the screws" part, I had a Tac-trigger deform to the point of being unusable just from installing it normally. Very soft metal.