The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Harley Nolden Memorial Institute for Firearms Research

Old December 9, 2005, 12:00 AM   #1
mdw442

need info on old New Haven .22

New Haven Mossberg Model 220K .22 Short, Long and LR with a Revelation 5115-4x scope. It was given to me by someone who picked it up at an auction in Houston Texas for $30. The stock has been hacked up by an amateur engraver and needs to be replaced. The barrel needs to be re-blued, but the part that counts is in great shape. The trigger mechanism also looks to be in near mint condition - just really dusty.

Does anyone have a breakdown diagram for this rifle and scope? Any idea on its age and whether or not it is worth fixing up (ie did it fire reliably and accurately)?

Thanks in advance
Old December 11, 2005, 09:09 AM   #2
CountryGunsmith

The New Haven 220 is identical mechanically to the Mossberg 320K. It was a good, serviceable single-shot bolt action made from 1957 through the mid-1980's - although I believe the New Haven guns petered out during the late 1970's.

Used stocks are not hard to find on eBay and will be inexpensive. Clean the rifle up and enjoy it. The scope is a promotional level import marketed through Western Auto and is not worth a lot of effort.
Old December 11, 2005, 03:07 PM   #3
mdw442

New Haven .22

Thanks - that is very helpful. I'll search eBay for the stock. It helps knowing the Mossberg equivalent model.