The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > NFA Guns and Gear

Old February 28, 2020, 12:36 PM   #1
TrueBlue711

Omega 300 mounting

So I always assumed I was stuck using the SilencerCo ASR mounting system for my SilencerCo Omega 300 suppressor since they're from the same company. I haven't had any issues but I'm not a fan of the old "teeth" locking method. I just found out Dead Air's Key-Mo mount can fit on my Omega. Does anybody know if there other QD mounting systems that fit on the Omega 300? I would go for the Key-Mo, but they're sold out everywhere.
Old February 28, 2020, 03:57 PM   #2
Theohazard

Griffin Plan A
Q Plan B
YHM (I forget what it’s called)

Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. I think there are others from some of the lesser-well-known companies too.

The Omega is one of the most popular 30 caliber cans ever (if not the most popular), so its mount thread pitch has become an industry standard.
Old February 28, 2020, 06:46 PM   #3
taylorce1

I'm going direct thread with my Omega 300 and threading everything I can to 5/8X24. If I need anything else it's cheaper to but the Direct Thread Mount and change them out as needed, than to buy ASR style adapters for my firearms. The rifles I have threaded I really don't expect to ever shoot without being suppressed. I won't be able to switch between rifles as fast, but I'm not in a hurry.