The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Forum Support > Site Questions and Tech Support (NO FIREARMS QUESTIONS)

Old August 15, 2015, 09:27 PM   #1
Big4Freedom

Suggestion for new heading

I really enjoy the forum but would love to see a link in Hogan's Alley between "Tactics" and "Handguns: the semi auto" for "Concealed Carry Firearms". There are so many questions, on a daily basis, that appear among the other listings that I feel it really warrants it's own link. Seems like folks would really enjoy that and make much easier to discuss this popular topic.
Thanks so much for considering.
Old August 16, 2015, 07:49 AM   #2
Mike Irwin
Staff

We've considered something like that before, but we've always rejected it for the simple reason that almost all handguns are, by their very nature, suitable for concealed carry use, and providing a separate section of the forum would really do nothing that's not already being done by the Revolver, Semi-auto, and General handgun forums.

Baby Jesus cries when the fat redneck doesn't have military-grade firepower.
Old August 16, 2015, 05:59 PM   #3
Big4Freedom

No problem. Your forum completely. I just wanted to suggest that since that topic seems to be brought up lots in each of the three you mentioned, many times with same questions, over and over.

I would respectfully disagree with your reasoning though. I own tons of handguns, of all shapes and sizes, and only truly consider about six or eight of them practical and realistic concealed carry weapons for majority of folks. Other than a small section of folks, the general population isn't gonna wanna carry Desert Eagles, 1911's, and Dirty Harry revolvers for their concealed edc's, as evident with the popularity of compact-micro handgun market currently exploding as CCW permits continue to explode.

Thanks for considering though. No biggie either way.