The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old March 7, 2014, 08:55 AM   #1
bostonscott05

SPAS 12

I have a SPAS 12 a customer dropped off that took a crap while at the range. He siad it stopped functioning and some yellow stuff came out of the receiver of the gun...So after some research I found out that they had problems with the receiver buffer braking up. So I ordered up a new one and am thinking that I need to have a better angle on when I go back together with this gun. I inspected all gas related parts for serviceability...and I cant find anything that would cause the gun the gun to NOT operate...The ports were open, the cam moved freely, the O-ring was there and in good shape....any and all info will be greatly appreciated!!!
Ephesian Arms Inc
Old March 7, 2014, 10:40 AM   #2
Dixie Gunsmithing
Moderator Emeritus

I think this is the piece you're speaking of, and below is a page that may help. They call the piece a shock absorber in the end of the receiver. There is a new type for this, that you will see.

http://spas12.com/ReceiverShock.html

Let me add, if it short cycles, do not trust the o-rings, even if they look okay.
Old March 17, 2014, 11:29 AM   #3
bostonscott05

SPAS

Thanks for the info dixie. Right after I posted here I found a really great website dedicated to the SPAS 12 where I was able to buy the rec buffer....Still waiting on the part of course....Will post results when Im done...GB
Ephesian Arms Inc