The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 26, 2015, 01:34 PM   #1
deerslayer303

You meet the nicest folks MUZZLELOADING!

I had a friend call me last night and said he was expecting some friends to stop in at his place on their way back home from Alafia River Rendezvous. He told me that I would probably enjoy talking to these Gentlemen. Well I arrived around 8 am this morning, had breakfast with them, and before I knew it 4 hours had passed. These guys build some very beautiful flintlocks. One was really interesting in that it took a .285 round ball. These guys shared so much information with me, some was beyond me. But I was invited to come see how they build one, mainly rifle a barrel on period correct machinery. I seen probably 6 rifles this morning, and everyone of them are no wall hangers these baby's get shot. These guys frequent Friendship and are members of NMLRA. Had a great time talking to Wally, Bob, and Bill.
Old January 26, 2015, 02:04 PM   #2
DoubleDeuce 1

That rifle looks to be fairly small or short. I bet it is fun to shoot!