The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Dave McCracken Memorial Shotgun Forum

Old July 11, 2010, 08:44 AM   #26
Hawg

I've got grandads old Nitro Hunter. Used it a lot as a kid. Used to shoot slugs out of it.
Old July 17, 2010, 07:11 PM   #27
rem870hunter

bill and sb1 shotgun.jpgfirst shotgun i hunted with was an Ithaca 66 Super Single,30" barrel full choke. never shot any animals with it. its still around, sitting in dads cabinet. i bought a NEF SB1 with a 28" barrel mod choke. shot 3 shells through it so far. no time to check the shot spread so far.
Old February 28, 2011, 06:53 PM   #28
Delasueno

H&R TDC

I just bought my first H&R, a topper deluxe classic and last weekend I took it out on a chukar hunt. I would like to clean my gun and grease the hinge pin b but for the life of me I can't get the forearm piece off. I took the screw out and pulled with all my might but the forearm won't budge. I don't want to damage the wood so does anyone have any tricks to remove the forearm?
Old February 28, 2011, 10:15 PM   #29
LynnTX

Single barrel shotgun

I have a pretty nice model 37A Winchester 12 ga,,,,,3"

It was my father's and it's about the only thing of his I took home after he died. I doubt if I will ever sell it. Will probably leave it to my son, even though he doesn't hunt or even fire guns that i know of.

Isn't worth much money anyway, but it is priceless to me.