The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Hunt

Old August 11, 2001, 09:11 AM   #1
Sisco

Kansas draw

Any Ks hunters get your tags in the mail yesterday? Did ya get what you wanted? Put in for two, one for myself and for my son's first hunt, we both drew "any deer" in unit 17. I'm pleased, needless to say.
Old August 15, 2001, 04:26 PM   #2
stubby

I hunt in unit 11 and we aren't required to participate in a draw this year. "Any deer" permits sold over the counter as are "big game tags" for does. If I understand the new regulations, we can legally take six deer this fall in unit 11, only one buck though. Where do you hunt?? I am about 50 miles south of Kansas City. Stubby
Old August 15, 2001, 05:12 PM   #3
Sisco

I've got a couple of places to go, Southwest of Garden City or to the Northeast, Finney/Lane Co. line along the Pawnee. Glad we got the "any" permits, saw far more Mulies than whitetails last year. Whitetails are around but figure a Mulie will be easier taking for the boys first time out.
Old August 19, 2001, 10:46 AM   #4
Dan Morris

Good hunting, wishing you both a successful hunt!
Dan