The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old May 16, 2013, 08:40 PM   #1
Babram3

Duracoating CZ-82

I'm considering putting a Duracoat finish on my CZ-82. It is my first time refinishing any firearm and first time using Duracoat. Any tips, cautions, or experiences are greatly welcomed.
Old May 17, 2013, 12:18 AM   #2
vladan

Not that it is needed, but I prefer to parkerize the gun first before duracoat. It is easy process and will make the finish much more durable than straight up duracoat.
Old May 17, 2013, 05:52 AM   #3
dwhite

You might want to do some research on taking those things apart. Apparently they have far more components that other pistols in their size class. There are also some parts difficult to fit back in once they're out.

http://leolani.net/cz-82-disassembly.html

All the Best,
D. White
Old May 17, 2013, 05:15 PM   #4
Babram3

Awesome, I'll definitely look into Parkerizing it prior to the Duracoat. I also read that one may either bake the Duracoat on at 110˚ or leave it to dry overnight. Does the curing time still take weeks after the baking process, or is it just regarding the overnight drying process?
Old May 17, 2013, 10:59 PM   #5
vladan

Here is thread on homegunsmith forum that address duracoat over parkerizing http://www.homegunsmith.com/cgi-bin/...2;t=25145;st=0