The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 3, 2022, 02:05 PM   #1
stagpanther

Labor Day 22lr Xmas package

I thought there was no way I'd get a delivery over the holiday weekend--but Fedex surprised me with a package of 22lr goodies from Creedmoor Sports. First, a 10 pack of R-100 for my CZ 457 which I know will make it very happy--and second Creedmoor's own precision scale for .01 gr accuracy for my next attempt at 22lr handloads.

I love the way RWS refers to their ammo as "matchless precision" rather than "match precision."
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7651.jpg (198.4 KB, 138 views)
Old September 3, 2022, 04:14 PM   #2
jetinteriorguy

Man, you are way down the rabbit hole now. I love it.
Old September 3, 2022, 07:14 PM   #3
stagpanther

Quote:
Man, you are way down the rabbit hole now. I love it.
Have been most of my life. LOL. I just noticed the scale is made in China--I was afraid of that.
Old September 3, 2022, 09:09 PM   #4
sako2

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagpanther View Post
Have been most of my life. LOL. I just noticed the scale is made in China--I was afraid of that.
Where did you think it was going to be made.
Old September 4, 2022, 06:42 AM   #5
stagpanther

Quote:
Where did you think it was going to be made.
At that price point--I figured as much, but didn't see it listed on the website. Kinda sorta sounded like Creedmoor designed and had it built it stateside. Chinese-made electronics and tools can be a real crap-shoot, even the expensive ones--what really counts is the level of US-based support when things go south, which often they do with China sourced products. I've bought stuff directly from China--anyone can--through aliexpress, often at half the price or less than what the other guy is importing and slapping a label on. It's a "thing" in the US. All you need to do is look at the optics industry to see how ubiquitous out-sourcing to cheapo stuff has become. That said, quality is possible, I have Chinese-made CNC router and CO2 laser that were not cheap, but did require extensive adjusting to get to work acceptably. To be fair, many products also suffer abuse in the shipping stream, especially large freight items, which is not entirely the fault of the Chinese since they don't necessarily anticipate and pack accordingly for the constant hand-off, throwing and dropping packages will undergo on their way through the US. Anyway, the scale appears to have a good reputation and I haven't used it yet--but should find out pretty quickly with reloads for 22lr.