The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old June 11, 2005, 08:14 PM   #1
packa45

Remington UMC ammo

Does anyone use this brand in .45ACP 230 gr. FMJ. I picked up a few boxes today and can't shoot for a few days. I was curious what results others have gotten. Is it "clean shooting"? Until now I've stuck with S&B or PMC.

Don't mess with the bull, you'll get the horns.
Old June 11, 2005, 08:34 PM   #2
rdebert

I've used UMC here and there. I've had no problems of any kind with it and have had a decent level of accuracy with it. Not as clean burning as some more premium level (and priced) ammo...but when I get a good deal on it I don't hesitate to buy it for practice sessions.
Old June 12, 2005, 07:26 AM   #3
Swamp Yankee

Used a bunch that I got on sale.
For range or plinking ammo it will serve just fine. As previously noted it does not burn as clean as others but I've shot worse. No malfuctions of any kind to this point. If you can get it at a good price, go for it.
Take Care
Old June 12, 2005, 10:31 AM   #4
Jkwas

I bought the 250 round value pack awhile ago. It all shot good except two rounds had "setback". For the money, they're a good deal.

Last edited by Jkwas; June 12, 2005 at 01:21 PM. Reason: change info
Old June 12, 2005, 10:37 AM   #5
jonathon

I've bought 2 megapacks of 9mm, no problems..

Recently, I found a deal at Bimart for the same ammo, in boxes of 50 for the same price, I bought that instead. I like the smaller boxes for range trips...

Its not super clean, but not as dirty as wolf 9mm(nor does it have steel cases which are hard on extractors). I've gotten okay accuracy out of it, since my gun still shoots better than me
Romans 12:21

Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good

More CZ M52 info than you can shake a stick at!
Old June 12, 2005, 11:58 AM   #6
Ares45

I've shot cases of 230gr FMJ UMC. For the price, it's pretty good for range ammo. A little dirtier than some but not nearly as bad as S&B. The S&B kept leaving this white flake stuff all over my guns...talk about a cleaning nightmare. I've never had any FTF/FTE, etc issues with UMC. If I have to buy range ammo off the shelf I'm buying WWB, UMC, or maybe Fed AE.