The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old July 18, 2018, 10:32 AM   #1
TrueBlue711

Remington 700 LA chassis suggestions

I have a Remington 700 XCR Tactical Long Range in 300 Win Mag. I upgraded the chassis/stock to the Choate Sniper Stock (see pic). It's a good stock, but I'm really wanting a magazine fed capability. I called Choate and they said you can't machine that stock to be able to accept a base plate that accepts magazines. So I'm shopping around for a new stock. Call me a young buck, but I also would like a pistol grip and adjustable stock for cheek weld and length of pull.

So far, here's what I came across that fits my wants:
KRG X-Ray Chassis

Brownells BRN-1 Chassis

Which would you go with? Any other suggestions out there? Also, I'd like to keep the budget in the $600 or under range.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Remington 700.2.jpg (37.9 KB, 14 views)
Old July 18, 2018, 10:48 AM   #2
Bfglowkey

The Brownells option seems to say you need a separate buttstock and possible tube. That very well could launch you past the 600 price range depending on your choice.
Old July 18, 2018, 11:08 AM   #3
TrueBlue711

Quote:
The Brownells option seems to say you need a separate buttstock and possible tube. That very well could launch you past the 600 price range depending on your choice.
True, I was looking to put the Luth-AR stock on it. Between that, a tube and pistol grip, it should be around $600.
Old July 18, 2018, 01:56 PM   #4
PlatinumCore16

Have you looked at MDT? Again, you'll need a tube/stock, but keeps you in the budget, if you went for their inexpensive option. They have several, though, if you wanted something a little higher in price.

Modular Driven Technologies
Old July 18, 2018, 09:37 PM   #5
Txhillbilly

I'd go with the KRG. Most other Chassis in that price range are piece together chassis using AR parts. The KRG is ready to go out of the box,plus you can buy their branded AICS magazines for $10 off when you order them at the same time as the chassis.

I have two KRG chassis,a LH Whiskey 3 & a Bravo converted to LH,and like them both better than most of the other chassis systems on the market.
Old July 18, 2018, 10:38 PM   #6
dwwhite

I'm going to be "that guy" that recommends something outside your budget, but if you'll stretch a couple of hundred dollars and buy an Eliseo RTM Hunter, I doubt you'll regret it.

http://www.gotxring.com/hunting/

It's $685, and you'll have to add your choice of AR stock, which can be as simple as an A2, or as highly priced as a Magpul PRS.

It is a little heavier than the others you're looking at, but the ergonomics blow the doors off everything short of a Tubb. In fact, I'd argue that it's Gary's tube guns that helped kick off the chassis craze to start with.