The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old May 31, 2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Bent-Twig

Capt Jack Revolver

Hi Folks,
I am new to the forum and looking for some help on this old revlover. I know it was made by Hopkins and Allen and also know a bit about the history of the man the gun was named after. The thing I need help with is that I am trying to find out if there is another one left in existence that has the original box? The box on this old gun is as nice if not nicer than the gun itself. There were quite a few different names used on these little revolvers and I have been able to find two different models with their original box. One was a Blue Jacket model , and the other was a XL model. Neither had a box in as good of condition , but neither were this particular model. The little guuns were cheaply made and most were made somewhere in the 1870's. I would think on a cheap gun made to be carried in your front pocket that the first thing done after purchase was to throw the box out. If they didnt really care too much about the gun then they probably cared even less about the box. If anyone out there has seen or has record of another one in the original box please let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 004.JPG (72.4 KB, 56 views)
File Type: jpg 009.JPG (59.6 KB, 29 views)
File Type: jpg 025.JPG (91.0 KB, 27 views)
Old May 31, 2012, 06:31 PM   #2
Bent-Twig

Few more pictures.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 017.JPG (40.6 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg 013.JPG (68.4 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg 018.JPG (73.8 KB, 22 views)