The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > The Smithy

Old September 17, 2019, 05:39 PM   #1
SerenityNetworks

Sight options for a Chiappa Double Badger

For awhile I've been wanting an opportunity gun (as in a trunk gun, to carry when scouting, for a day walk in the field, and for backpacking), so I pulled the trigger on the Chiappa Double Badger in .22 WMR / .410. I'd considered similar guns, but the Chiappa is much more packable.

There's much that can be said about the gun, good and bad, but here I want to address the sights.

For the shotgun, the rear peep and front post fiber optic sights are fine. No issues. Yet for the rifle they are too course for consistently accurate shooting. I'm sure the rifle is more accurate than the current sights are now allowing me to shoot. I'd read about this problem in the reviews, but it's worse than I expected. So I'm wondering about options. Using the dovetail provided, would a red dot, reflex, or See All Nite Sight be something I should consider?

My goal is to have more accurate shooting with the rifle (think squirrel eye), but not loose the fast acquisition I need for a moving target using the shotgun.

Note: I don't want to break the bank on an inexpensive trunk/pack gun.

Thanks,
Andrew

Tags
chiappa , double badger , sights