The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Curios and Relics

Old March 22, 2014, 09:21 PM   #1
BerdanSS

C&R form question.

Filing out the form for my first C&R I plan to mail it tomorrow after dropping a copy to me chief LEO. I have 2 questions (probably a stupid ones) and cant find an answer on google, here or youtube.

(1) What to I put down on the form in section 9 as POSITION and again in the space for TITLE after I sign?! Is there a wrong answer?

(2) Even though I'm filing as INDIVIDUAL on the form, Can I list my wife or someone else in section 9 to be in control of my C&R firearms in case something happens to me?

I don't want to fill anything out incorrectly that would delay my application. Apologies if this has been gone over before here....If it has, I couldn't find it.
Old March 22, 2014, 11:42 PM   #2
Cheapshooter

First off, you do not need to personally drop off a copy of the form to your CLEO. Simply mail it, and you are done. No more action required. By you or the CLEO.

As I remember on my original form 12 or so years ago I used Collector for position, and title.
Likewise on each renewal every three years after that.

Not sure if adding a second name on the form is necessary, or even advisable. It may just cause a delay. It isn't really needed for your heirs to take possession of your guns (Unless there are some STATE regulations governing it where you live)
Your guns would be in control of your estate, or whoever is named in your will. At the end of your activity as a licensed collector they just remain as your property.
I'm not sure if notification of the death of a collector licensee is required or not. Never seen that question. I just know that if you let the license expire, you do not need to report anything to the BATF, or turn in your bound book.
Cheapshooter's rules of gun ownership #1: NEVER SELL OR TRADE ANYTHING!
Old March 23, 2014, 09:21 AM   #3
BerdanSS

Thank you sir, very helpful.

The reason for dropping off the LEO copy in person is just because; I live in a relatively small town, closer to the police department than the post office. That and, on top of being quite familiar with the ladies in the front office; I know our Chief of police, Captain and Sargent on a personal level

Oh and cheapshooter......I broke your first rule about three months ago
Old March 23, 2014, 09:46 AM   #4
BerdanSS

Under POSITION I put Owner. And as TITLE I put Collector.
Old March 30, 2014, 01:25 PM   #5
gyvel

I always assumed the "Title" blank was if you were a "Sr." "Jr." "II" "III" etc.
Old March 31, 2014, 05:51 PM   #6
tobnpr

I "assumed" that "Position" was a reference for a business title, if applicable- and left it blank.

Just sent my renewal in last week...doubt it's something they pay much attention to...
www.biggorillagunworks.com