The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 1, 2022, 11:56 PM   #1
Linker

Anyone own a Kel Tec pmr 30

If so, how does it perform?
Old September 2, 2022, 12:06 AM   #2
ballardw

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...ighlight=pmr30

If you look at the top right-hand part of the page on the forum there is a "Search This Forum" button to enter text to search for. The above are just 3 topics related to PMR30.
Old September 2, 2022, 01:27 PM   #3
gwpercle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballardw View Post

If you look at the top right-hand part of the page on the forum there is a "Search This Forum" button to enter text to search for. The above are just 3 topics related to PMR30.
ballardw ,
Do you type in what you are seaching for like "Holsters for 1911" in the little space provided and then move over and hit the "GO" button ?
How many letters are best to use ... the least words the better ? Holster 1911 ?
I'm not looking for a holster just trying to learn how to do a search ...
I'm 73 and computer illiterate ... and got no teacher or help !
Old September 2, 2022, 02:29 PM   #4
ballardw

It looks like most of the search uses "keywords" so it will attempt to find posts or threads with all of the words by default, if I understand correctly.

I used "PMR30" for the search to get the results shown. You may need to try variations on spelling like PMR-30 as well.

Number of letters is likely to be less important than "common" spelling. With keyword type searches just use the important part. "For" "of" "and" "the" and such won't typically help much if at all.

There is an "advanced" option that allows you to set some additional limits such as dates.
Old September 2, 2022, 02:52 PM   #5
gwpercle

ballardw , Thanks for advice ... all help is greatly appreciated .
I'm learning ... anything advanced will have to come after I get the basic's down !
Thanks Again ,
Gary
Old September 2, 2022, 07:27 PM   #6
44caliberkid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwpercle View Post
ballardw , Thanks for advice ... all help is greatly appreciated .
I'm learning ... anything advanced will have to come after I get the basic's down !
Thanks Again ,
Gary
Also Gary, all the words don’t need to fit in the box. Whatever you type will be there, just out of sight. Do you do YouTube? There are a bunch of PMR 30 reviews on there. Nice you learn it you will be on it constantly. Virtually, how to do anything, is on there. I use it to watch gun disassembly and reassembly. And reviews of new guns. Great resource and entertainment.
To Linker, only person I know who bought one sold it because it malfunctioned too much. Some YouTube reviewers found it would work with one brand of ammo and not others.
Old September 3, 2022, 01:29 PM   #7
tex45acp

I've been very lucky with my first edition gun. I have not found any ammunition that will not shoot in the gun. I have roughly 2100 rounds through the gun.
Old September 3, 2022, 05:15 PM   #8
PSP

I've had one and it's carbine sibling for a few years. They are both great fun. As reliable as a rimfire can be. Pay attention to loading the mags and they feed well. I down load to 25 rounds usually. I' d buy them again, especially the carbine.
Old September 3, 2022, 07:02 PM   #9
Pahoo

Good performer

Quote:
If so, how does it perform?
I'm glad that you asked "this" question.....
Shot my buddy's and it performed very well. I feel that gun owners measure the looks and performance. The priority is not always the same. I go back and forth and personally found these to be short on looks but good on performance. I don't think I'll buy one but, glad my buddy let me shoot his. .....

Be Safe !!!
Old September 20, 2022, 04:41 PM   #10
Linker

There is no "search this forum" button. At least not on mine. There is "search" and "search this thread" but when I call them up they don't let me put anything in.
Old September 20, 2022, 04:45 PM   #11
Linker

By the way thanks for the answers I did get.
Old September 20, 2022, 05:34 PM   #12
ballardw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linker View Post
There is no "search this forum" button. At least not on mine. There is "search" and "search this thread" but when I call them up they don't let me put anything in.
What browser are you using?
I've seen some pretty different behavior, and getting worse, about browser specific behavior/misbehavior. May need to post a question in the Site Questions and Tech Support area.

Also for the "Search this forum" label to appear you have to be on a main topic page such as the Handguns: The Semi-automatic. Once you are inside a topic such as yours then the search is restricted to that thread. The Search with the dropdown arrow should get to advanced and other searches.

If from the main page you go to the FAQ link there is a "General Forum Usage" page that links to "Forums, Threads and Posts" that has a very small section on searches: https://thefiringline.com/forums/faq...faq_vb3_search
Old September 20, 2022, 06:29 PM   #13
Eddiejoe

I have one and it is very reliable, except that one magazine always has feeding problems. I have 4 others so it's not a big deal.
Old September 21, 2022, 02:02 AM   #14
ChimpMunk20

Only ammo mine doesn't swallow well is Winchester Wildcat. Manual says 40 gr bullets or heavier but I've had no problems with the 30 gr polymer tips from Hornady or CCI.
Most 22 mag ammo was designed around rifles and will produce a lot of flash and bang out of a handgun. Suggest Speer Gold Dots, Hornady Critical Defense or equivalent for business purposes.