The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old January 15, 2019, 01:04 PM   #1
sshawl

Alessi Holsters - Don't do it!

I hope this post might help someone from making the same mistake I did. I purchased two holsters online from Alessi's web site, and paid in full for both. One on Dec 26, 2017, and another in April 2018. To date, (Jan 14, 2019), I have not received either holster. Doing the math tells me that is has been over a one year wait to date. Certainly not the 14 weeks they quote. I have contacted Alessi a number of times via their internal messaging system with no response. I filed a complaint with the BBB in Nov 2018 and was just told by them today, that Alessi refused to respond. There is no other conclusion I can reach other than this company has become a complete scam. I just want my money back. There are numerous custom holster makers/companies that make quality products within a 2-4 week lead time. Alessi is definitely not one of them. Stay away!

Steve Shawl
Old January 15, 2019, 01:06 PM   #2
JERRYS.

that's too bad. they were known for quality leather holsters.
Old January 15, 2019, 11:49 PM   #3
Sharkbite

Jeeezz.

Have you tried calling them direct vs the msg fuction on their website?
Old January 29, 2019, 12:46 PM   #4
5whiskey

For what they charge I'll make anything you want, to include custom cant of your picking (tell me 12.5 degrees lol). Seriously though, I have respect for custom holster makers as I make them myself on occasion. It is unfortunate that you have had the problems you've had. I wouldn't dream of taking longer than 30 days to deliver a custom holster after being paid, I would halt orders on the website and create a wait list. Several custom shops I know of have a similar model, and I've met a custom knife maker who has a similar scheme for his business. He used to use the wait list temporarily just when he got swamped so he could catch up. Now it's more of a permanent thing for him, as I think he's had a wait list for at least 2 years straight.

OP I'm sorry about your experience. I hate it when things don't work out, especially since I know that most businesses are trying to do the right thing. They often just overextend over time and can't make it work, but then it's time to pay the piper and issue refunds or contract out your orders to another custom shop whom you trust to do it right. It is not right to ghost customers who have paid and are awaiting product.

Edit: I just decided to read up on Alessi at BBB myself. The businesses' response to a complaint about not shipping a holster for over 9 months was a long rant about the warm winter making ugly leather. I saw this from Alessi in the response...

Quote:
I could have delivered a poor quality holster "on time" but chose to deliver a great quality holster, one that people expect to get from us, late......

I'm sorry Mr. (customer) did not talk to me directly and I also apologize for whomever he did talk to for not getting an explanation......

From my records, I did try to return one phone call. There was no answer and due to the nature of our business, I do not leave messages for any of our customers. Maybe I could be better at trying to call folks back, but I guess that's my fault.
...Leather can be sourced from lots of different places. Acceptable leather could have been found in the span of less than 9 months. And if you chose not too, the solution is not to ignore your customers.

https://www.bbb.org/us/ny/n-tonawand...stomer-reviews

https://thefiringline.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=593946

Last edited by 5whiskey; January 29, 2019 at 12:56 PM.
Old January 29, 2019, 08:19 PM   #5
krunchnik

He has posted his complaints on just about every forum I read-I take he has a problem with Alessi customer service.
Old May 7, 2019, 08:07 AM   #6
R.A.N.G.E.R

Paying then not getting what you pay for, and no communication?
It’s an outright MailOrder ripoff.

Cross state lines and it becomes a federal beef, and it should. Thieves...low form of life.
Old May 7, 2019, 08:50 AM   #7
NoSecondBest

I've bought holsters from them for forty years and never had even one small problem with them. Personally, I don't pay much attention to internet soap box complaints. This never solves anything and it's just a one sided story. It may be true, and it may not. It's always a one sided story, and I'd guess a lot of the info has been deleted to favor one side. If I listened to all of them and believed them, I'd have no where to buy anything. Every company and business out there has been attacked on the net. I guess I'm jaded from all the negative posts I've read over the last several years. Try to work it out with the seller, nothing anyone can do on hear except listen to half a story. Sorry.
Old May 7, 2019, 12:39 PM   #8
Sodbuster

https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...ghlight=alessi

This may explain what has been happening at Alessi Holsters. However, customers' concerns should have been addressed by now. It's been a tough go for the company lately. I have three holsters made by Lou and one made by Tom. Truth be told, even to this untrained eye, Tom made a beautiful holster. It just wasn't quite up to Lou's standard. But close. Following a legend like Lou is not an enviable position to be in. I hope Lou's family can satisfy any remaining customers, if they haven't done so already. They are great people, and Lou was the best.
Remember, many times what we view as a curse in the present turns out to be a blessing in the future. Don't worry about it a lot. Things have a way of working out. Trust me on this one. - - Uncle Bill Martino
Old May 7, 2019, 06:37 PM   #9
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
https://forums.1911forum.com/showthr...ghlight=alessi

This may explain what has been happening at Alessi Holsters. However, customers' concerns should have been addressed by now. It's been a tough go for the company lately. I have three holsters made by Lou and one made by Tom. Truth be told, even to this untrained eye, Tom made a beautiful holster. It just wasn't quite up to Lou's standard. But close. Following a legend like Lou is not an enviable position to be in. I hope Lou's family can satisfy any remaining customers, if they haven't done so already. They are great people, and Lou was the best.
that thread about that worker's death is over a year old....
Old May 9, 2019, 10:45 AM   #10
Sodbuster

Quote:
that thread about that worker's death is over a year old....
Maybe that's why I said customers' concerns should have been addressed by now.
Remember, many times what we view as a curse in the present turns out to be a blessing in the future. Don't worry about it a lot. Things have a way of working out. Trust me on this one. - - Uncle Bill Martino
Old May 9, 2019, 02:28 PM   #11
JERRYS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodbuster View Post
Maybe that's why I said customers' concerns should have been addressed by now.
not the OP's....