The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old September 25, 2022, 05:01 AM   #1
hammer_jockey_91

Does anybody know if Langdon Tactical's Beretta 92 Voodoo can be had with a safety?

before you ask, yes i did contact them and ask, they kept saying no. however, call me arrogant. but if the safety becomes a decocker only, there has to be a spring there to push that decocker lever back up. i guess what i am asking of you all in this thread.
does anybody have a beretta 92 series gun with that optic cut on it that has, or is willing to, remove the safety and just take a look inside?

i have the wilson combat decocker conversion and in order to turn that from a decocker to a safety its just one spring removal.

why you ask? safetys on handguns suck you say? ive got two major reasons why i want the safety.

1. i have a 96a1 that ive put a 92D upper on and i wanted to send the old slide to langdon to work on. however, i hate DA/SA (but i love the 92 series of guns) so i converted my 96a1 to a DAO and im also on the fence about optics on pistols. i have one on something else, but thats another thread. basically having a decock lever on a pistol thats DAO is pretty stupid. worst case ill just demel the lever off, tap it for a set screw and use the decock lever like a hillary hole. (not like that ya pervs) ((also ew))

2. personally i think a safety on a pistol isnt a terrible option. it gives you a bit more peace of mind when your jumping over fences or running or basically anything else. having that weapon on safe is another layer before a negligent discharge. additionally, its good for storage.

but before i go on and on and on.
just to reiterate.

A. does anybody have the langdon tactical beretta 92 worked up slide?
B. if so, have you and/or would you be willing to, take the safety off to see what springs that lever back into place?
Six rounds. No compromise.
Old September 25, 2022, 08:01 AM   #2
TunnelRat

Why do you think LTT would lie to you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old September 26, 2022, 02:54 AM   #3
hammer_jockey_91

i got the impression the person i spoke with didnt know what they were talking about. i mean, the decocker HAS to have a spring to push it back into place. a simple spring removal shouldnt be that hard should it?
Six rounds. No compromise.

Tags
beretta 92 , custom , elite ltt , gunsmithing , langdon tactical