The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Lock and Load: Live Fire Exercises

Old April 16, 2006, 04:34 PM   #1
pickpocket

"Quick Kill" in Houston -

For those of you that know Robin Brown (aka Brownie), I'm trying to get him down to Houston for a two-day course on his Quick Kill (QK) system some time in late June / early July.

For those of you who DON'T know Robin, read this:
http://www.pointshooting.com/qk.htm

If you're interested in more info, let me know - I don't want to make a huge first post and this isn't a bunch of sales hype. If you know about Quick Kill then you know it's worth learning. If you don't know you should go read up on it
And if you don't care then this isn't for you.
Some people think Brownie is full of crap, some think he's doing great work. If you're on the fence, then take a chance on learning something new and you can decide for yourself.

Folks - this is some serious real-world, combat proven stuff. I've taught point-shooting methodology for years in the Marine Corps and I've seen the stuff work in combat; and I can tell you that nothing I ever did even came close to the stuff that Brownie is getting his students to do. This is truly one of the few "combat" related skills that are seamlessly transferred over to the stuff that the everyday guy/girl has to deal with for CCW. If you can free your mind from everything you've been taght about shooting and are willing to experience some truly eye-opening training - this is it.
If you're tired of people telling you that "this" or "that" is the only way to do something, then this is for you.
If you think that you can't get amazing speed and accuracy if you don't spend years on the gun and pay for thousands of dollars in training, then I invite you to spend a couple of days with us in Houston.

Brownie's students are consistently putting full magazines into 8-inch groups (or less) ON THE RUN.
EDIT: Brownie corrected me: it's more like consistent 10-12 inch groups
He teaches you to put rounds COM from ANYWHERE in your draw stroke.
All this without ever looking through your sights. Stew on that for a bit.

Cost of the two-day course is $400 per person, plus ammo. Once I have an actual class roster, I'll look into getting bulk ammo. If you need help after that then I'll arrange for remedial training with no additional costs for the instructor's time.
I'll be glad to post particulars if there are people who are interested.

"Sabah al khair -- ismee Dave, ahnee al Shayṭān"

Last edited by pickpocket; April 19, 2006 at 01:00 AM.
Old April 17, 2006, 03:44 AM   #2
jlowell

Yeah......count me in. Let me know if you need a deposit or if I can help organize anything.

Jim Lowell
http://www.jimlowell.com
Houston, TX
mobile 832-863-7171
Old April 17, 2006, 08:57 AM   #3
pickpocket

Thanks Jim!

No deposit as of right now - I'm going to ask that everyone have something ready by approx May 31, but I'll forward that information to you.

Also - check your PM's

Last edited by pickpocket; April 19, 2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old April 19, 2006, 09:21 AM   #4
pickpocket

The dates are starting to come into focus; I'm aiming for either June 24-25 or July 8-9.

Anyone interested in the course will need to have $150 deposit due by June 1 in orer to ensure their seat, with the remainder being due on the first day of the course.

If anyone would like to discuss privately, I can be reached at:
[email protected]

Old July 26, 2006, 10:35 AM   #5
Mike P. Wagner

Quote:
Good morninig, my name is Dave, I am Satan?

You could use Da-oud - the Arabic for David.

Never thought I'd see Arabic on the Firing Line.

Mike
Old July 28, 2006, 12:45 PM   #6
pickpocket

haha - yeah. Mostly used to introduce myself to the families of known/suspected fedayeen while I was searching their houses at 3am.

-- 'salam