The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old October 3, 2012, 08:49 PM   #1
Billy the Kidder

Glock34....Gen 3 or 4?

I currently own a G19 gen 4 and am quite happy with it. I am thinking of buying a G34, and would like the gen 4, however I can't seem to find one locally. There seem to be a few gen3s around.

I like the ability to change the size of the backstrap and I like the grip treatment of the gen 4. I don't have any real problems with the gen 3, but will I feel I've short changed myself if I don't get the gen 4? Has anyone shot both or owned both?

Last edited by Billy the Kidder; October 4, 2012 at 11:05 AM.
Old October 3, 2012, 09:14 PM   #2
Mrgunsngear

Quote:
but will I feel I've short changed myself if I don't get the gen 4?
Looks like you answered your own question there.

I have both. Both are great
Old October 4, 2012, 08:48 AM   #3
MP9

What do you want the g34 for? competition? range? HD? or just to have one more gun?

I have a g19 gen 4 and like it. I was thinking about getting a g34 gen 3 or 4.. at the end I will keep my g19 and my m&p which is my game pistol.

if you are into the games idpa/uspsa...and you are a very good shooter and want to shoot reloads to feel less recoil/muzzle flip, changing the recoil spring, maybe the gen3 is a little easier to do that...

if it is for range, where you wont take any advantage of the g34 then use the gen4.. there wont be a big difference. actually you can do the same with the g19, no need for a g34 actually.
Old October 4, 2012, 11:03 AM   #4
Billy the Kidder

I may want to get into the games at some time in the future, but for the time being I want a gun with a longer sight radius to use in my indoor pistol league.

Plus I just want another gun.