The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old July 3, 2021, 08:24 PM   #1
Aguila Blanca
Staff

80% Build = Terrorist

According to the BATFE:

https://www.scribd.com/embeds/513336...208tfn4Mtl3Rs1

Apparently the BATFE under the new administration isn't even waiting for the Senate to act on the new, anti-gun nominee for Director, they're already moving forward with classifying everyone who likes to tinker with guns (or just 3-D printers) as a potential terrorist.

I'm a Jeep Cherokee and Comanche aficionado. Parts for those are becoming impossible to find, so guys in my Comanche club are starting to make replacement parts with ... 3-D printers! I'm sure they'll be very excited to know that could put them on a terrorist watch list.

According to The Truth About Guns web site ( https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/in...fRtTUyrSh8B9tM ), this document was not supposed to be seen by the public. I can't imagine why they might want to hide it ...
Jeepaholic
Old July 3, 2021, 09:04 PM   #2
51cskipper

"Terrorist"?

That's pretty much what the British called our Founding Fathers.
Old July 4, 2021, 09:18 AM   #3
TXAZ

Repeat after me:
Aah-nah Lee-Sat Er-hobby-ah.
When the ATF comes knocking, that should help, and add this to you email signature:

أنا لست إرهابيا

On a more serious note, think this through the 6 months following such an order: legal challenges, last stands with lots of expended ballistic energy, rapid loss of confidence in police and feds, likely to draw the real crazies out into active confrontations, and many “over my dead body” individual actions.

If it’s boiling your blood and placating the gun grabbers, congrats, that’s the intent.
Hang tight, it’s far from reality at this point.

Cave illos in guns et backhoes

Last edited by TXAZ; July 4, 2021 at 09:29 AM.