The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Hide > The Art of the Rifle: Bolt, Lever, and Pump Action

Old May 23, 2017, 08:56 PM   #51
gshayd

upgrade

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...nagant-rifles/
Old May 23, 2017, 09:04 PM   #52
deerslayer303

450 doll hairs?? LOL on a Mosin. I mean I love the rifles like anyone else but I got a good chuckle out of that. I just can't see it.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old May 24, 2017, 10:33 AM   #53
PlatinumCore16

It looks awesome and I'll bet you the worth of one of those, they will sell like hotcakes. Or latkes, whichever sells better. There are an awful lot of mosins and there are a lot of people with money burnin holes in pockets.

Maybe not hotcakes, but I bet that company does well for itself. Would like to know where that mount came from as it appears to be attached to the receiver.

I might buy a second MN for the right money and "sporterize" it. Not really sure yet. It's a little far down on the ol' wishlist. I will say that mine has decent accuracy at 50 yds, but I'm not good enough to shoot it offhand at 100yds. Yet.
Old May 26, 2017, 06:28 AM   #54
tobnpr

Given their location and likely expertise with this rifle I'm hesitant to say "no way", but...

Been done before. Can't remember the name of the co., it was a chassis but wasn't configured for use with AR parts.

Problem with these rifles is that the receivers were made over many decades, in many locations and the dimensional specs vary widely- including the C/C action screw spacing, receiver diameter, and the shape/dimension of the rear of the action/tang area in particular.

In order to work effectively, a chassis system must be a perfect mirror image (like an epoxy bedding job) of the receiver. It won't be, here... so even if it "fits"- when you torque the action screws, it's going to stress/bend the action. I can only see this working if one were to skim bed the chassis- which I do commonly with production stocks and 700/Savage actions.

Besides, it's not inletted for a Timney trigger- so what's the point. No big deal, unless you don't happen to have a Bridgeport at your house.
www.biggorillagunworks.com