The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 19, 2008, 04:38 PM   #1
benewton

6.5 Mpc

Is anybody investigating this round for an AR upgrade?

Most important, is good reloading info available?
Old September 19, 2008, 09:32 PM   #2
Loader9

Well I was going to get stupid and say it was a lot like the 6.5 Ingram but it is a shortened 5.56 case whereas the Ingram is just the 5.56 necked up and the shoulder angle increased. I assume you have some of the detail on this plinker. If not, here's some reading for those not familiar with it. http://www.sskindustries.com/6_5mpc.htm

Frankly, it's not much of a round and if I had my options, I'd pick the 260 Remington way over this little underpowered popcorn farrt round. I think you'll find poor bullet performance out of this puppy as you can't push one fast enough to get reliable expansion at any kind of yardage. It might make a dandy paper puncher but considering there is no ammo for it yet, the jury hasn't had the option of judging it. Rest assured though, the gun rags will claim it's the best thing since sliced bread. I think it's yet another round answering a question nobody asked. Kinda like the 327.