The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Handguns: The Semi-automatic Forum

Old February 16, 2017, 10:36 PM   #26
Dave T

The only Glock that bothers my shooting hand middle finger is the G36. Since I need it to fill a specific roll on occasion I'm going to do as others have and grind/sand the edge that aggravates that finger.

This isn't a deal breaker to me. Good grief, look at the money spent by revolver shooters to get a better fitting grip. If I didn't buy any revolver unless the factory grip felt comfortable in my hand...I wouldn't own any revolvers.

Dave
Old February 16, 2017, 11:44 PM   #27
Cosmodragoon

I saw one post recommending 600 grit to finish. When sanding a polymer frame, what's your process?
Old February 17, 2017, 09:18 PM   #28
AxlMyk

I put a bandaid on my trigger finger to relieve the pinching from my G17 and G26. I've also smoothed the ends of the triggers with a glass nail file. Haven't noticed a knuckle soreness.
Old February 18, 2017, 08:18 AM   #29
rodfac

Quote:
I saw one post recommending 600 grit to finish. When sanding a polymer frame, what's your process?
Cosmo, I used the Dremell to rough out the change in radius, trying it in the hand, for both of us, all the while, then used progressively finer wet or dry sanding paper on a finger tip to remove the Dremell marks. It really was a no-brainer. Got the idea from a local friend, a nationally ranked shooter in the Glock competitive shooting league. HTH's Rod
Cherish our flag, honor it, defend it in word and deed, or get the hell out. Our Bill of Rights has been paid for by heros in uniform and shall not be diluted by misguided governmental social experiments. We owe this to our children, anything less is cowardice. USAF FAC, 5th Spl Forces, Vietnam Vet '69-'73.