The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Gear and Accessories

Old January 22, 2010, 11:25 PM   #26
grubbylabs

The one thing you have to think about with some of the unites you have listed is battery life. The more it has especially screen color and what not, the faster the battery is used. So if your planning on being out for a few days you should think about that.

I personally have a Rhino series unit that I love. It does every thing the other unites do plus gives you a two way radio that is tons better than most of the two way radios on the market know.

you should also look into this web site.http://miscjunk.org/ They have some really good maps that work well on your Garmin unites. also follow this link http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...+maps+miscjunk I think they tell you how to down load and use the maps without getting map source. The miscjunk maps are way better than the standard map source maps.

Oh if you get a garmin off ebay I think the standard refurb from Garmin is less than 100.00 I think what they do is send you a newly refurbished one as soon as yours get there, that's what they did for my brother in law. I got a good used rino 130 for less than $200. Just have to look and wait till the right one comes along.

Last edited by grubbylabs; January 22, 2010 at 11:31 PM.
Old January 22, 2010, 11:36 PM   #27
skeeter

All I can say is stay far away from anything with the Magellen name. My unit about 13 months old stopped working. I was told they had no parts for my unit and they offered to sell me a newer model for not much under list.
They have what amounts to no customer service.