The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Old August 7, 2015, 04:45 PM   #1901
North East Redneck

Welcome. Lots to learn here, enjoy.
Old August 7, 2015, 05:31 PM   #1902
UncleLoodis

You'll find a wealth of information in these forums. Welcome!
Old August 10, 2015, 05:26 PM   #1903
gunnny12

Jeff fron Oklahoma

Hi new here.

Just saying hello.
Old August 12, 2015, 10:48 AM   #1904
vol923

Arty Projectile ID

Hi, folks. Friend in Delaware is trying to ID this solid shell, which is 10"x4." We're guessing c.1900? shell 1.jpeg

shell 2.jpeg
Old August 12, 2015, 01:04 PM   #1905
jel2003

Greetings

Hello everybody! I'm Ernest from Dallas, TX. I found this forum when I was googling for advice on how to best remove light rust from a Llama Minimax which I had just acquired. The advice worked so I thought I'd stick around. Plenty of informative topics around here and I have already found some interesting vendors of holsters and other items.
Old August 18, 2015, 10:31 AM   #1906
USTIMER

New Member Intro

Jerry here from Missouri. Avid hunter and shooter since I was a kid. Been raising and hunting with Jack Russell Terriers for 19 years.

I run a small business called US Timer - we are the USA Master Distributor for the Speed Timer 3000 shot timer from RU Ready Ltd. This timer has been used at World Shoots and other competitions all over the globe for years. Here in Missouri I will be able to make it easier, faster and less expensive to obtain the timer, and provide full support to you.

Anybody have any questions about shot timers (not just mine) and how to use them to improve your shooting ability please just let me know and I will be happy to help.

Jerry
http://ustimer.com/index.html
Old August 21, 2015, 05:26 AM   #1907
georgepapa

myself

Hi people,
I am 74 years old from Greece. I love guns so badly that i had in my posession (ilegally) practicaly all sorts of guns from a perfect mp40, a mauser carbine, a DWM luger, a S&W police. a mossberg. 22, a ruby .32 and a mossberg 12 gauge (the only legal firearm) .
After a police raid my arms were confiscated (my mother had meanwhile got rid of most of them otherwise iwould still be in jail).
For the last 50 years i make model arms (firing) smaller than 1/6 scale approximately, and i have to make my own cartridges since no decent ammo manufacturer would provide me with 2 - 4mm cal.
My models are not exact to scale and my purpose is to make them firing.
My love for guns has nothing to do with killing or maiming humans or animals.
I just look at them as excellent pieces of machining.
For the benefit of those who might want to, they may google s200 photobucket papandropoulos. Please forgive possible mistakes but English is not my native language
Regards,
George
Old August 25, 2015, 12:29 PM   #1908
smarks1204

Complete noob

I have fired a handgun exactly twice and did not enjoy it (9mm Glock 19, no hearing protection) and missed my target (a log) from 25 ft first time. But then I though, I could get really good at this...
My wife and I have discussed getting a handgun for some time and have access to excellent training. My thoughts/concerns:
1) We would need a gun that both of us can handle; if it's too much for her she won't shoot and that makes the whole exercise moot.
2) Cost effectiveness of both the weapon and ammo - We will be practicing A LOT I think. I don't think we will get into reloading though.
3) Weapon efficiency and accuracy. Like I said, I expect to get very good at this so I need to be able to hit what I'm aiming at. I have a lot of martial arts training and do not panic easily, and would not hesitate to use deadly force. Her, um...
4) This is a shared activity for us so any ideas for making it fun as well as useful are appreciated.

Looking forward to replies, feel free to e-mail me too.

Steve
Old August 26, 2015, 07:16 AM   #1909
Gun Fish

Hi

Hi,

I'm Jon and I'm from the UK but am currently enjoying the sunshine in Florida. I love shooting of all types, but unfortunately we cant shoot handguns in the UK. I will be making the most of the ranges in Florida while I'm here.

I'm looking forward to chatting with you on here!!

Cheers

Jon
Old September 7, 2015, 04:23 PM   #1910
PhillyCheese

PhillyCheese from NC

Hello everyone.
PhillyCheese from NC here.

I purchased several handguns in the first two years upon purchasing my first handgun in 2005.
Have been CCW since 2008.
Spent countless hours at the shooting range my first three years as a gun owner.

Guns I have owned:
- Bersa .380 (First handgun purchased back in 2005).
- Beretta 92fs.
- Beretta PX4 Storm .40cal. (All time favorite gun that I have owned).
- Smith&Wesson 629 Classic .44 Magnum.
- Sig Sauer Mosquito .22Cal.

The only gun I currently own is the Sig Mosquito.
I am looking to add to my collection and start with a great concealed handgun.
Look forward to learning from all of you.
Old September 8, 2015, 10:33 AM   #1911
samdjr74

Hi All,

New member here from NJ, just saying hi. I'm pretty much a wheel gun man but I'm thinking about venturing into the 1911 band wagon.

Here's what I got in my stables

Ruger Single 10 22
Chiappa White Rhino 50DS in 357
Ruger GP100 5" in 357
Ruger Super Blackhawk Hunter
Taurus Tracker in 22LR

(as you can see I like Rugers)

And my rifles

1970's SKS Yugo Made M59
1944 SA M1
1948 Mosin Nagant M44

I shoot for sport/fun at the range with my wife. So with that being said, hello!

Thanks,
Sam

Last edited by samdjr74; September 8, 2015 at 10:41 AM.
Old September 10, 2015, 03:14 AM   #1912
MINSH101

Intro

Greetings TFL

I am new. Have lots of questions and looking forward to picking your brains for knowledge.

Appreciate the many conversations
Old September 10, 2015, 03:35 AM   #1913
slowsociopath

Hi all new member disregard my user name its a Dilbert punchline. My youngest son and I have been shooting for about 7 years. Have a plethora of weapons from black powder to Russian surplus. My carry gun really could be called concealer its a go 100 .357 with a 6 inch barrel looking to .pick up a ruger LCR just like wheel guns my son carries a fn 9 mm. If any out there has a nagant 1857, mine walked off. gave the PD his name address and the fact he had priors,guess that doesn't prove guilt considered going for a visit and explaining he too the only gun I didn't have at least 500 rounds for. My luck I would be gotten arrestted
Scott from the gun loving state of California (that's sarcasm for those of you that don't get it)
Old September 16, 2015, 03:46 PM   #1914
10mm_

Hello everyone new member here from Ohio but living in NC now.

I've got a gun related YouTube channel called The Wound Channel
Old September 18, 2015, 04:05 PM   #1915
Guido Lasagna

New to shooting

Just started getting interested in shooting. Own a Marlin bolt action 925 and a S&W M&P .22 compact pistol. Am very interested in Winchester 94 lever action rifles. Grew up in the New Haven, Connecticut area and my Italian grandmother worked nights at Winchesters loading ammo into magazines during WWI, while my Italian grandfather watched the kids after digging ditches all day for the New Haven Gas Company. Would love to own an older pre 64 Winchester 94 SRC.
Old September 21, 2015, 07:52 PM   #1916
oldengineer

Hi Everyone,

Older new member here. Retired electrical engineer, Navy Submarine vet, qualified on a diesel boat in 1960.

If you're looking for an example of the stories about how senior citizens are arming themselves I'm your man. I'm a long time owner of a Western Field .22 rifle and a Remington 870 Express 12 ga but I recently got the pistol shooting bug (thanks Obama) and now own a Springfield XD9 subcompact and a Beretta M9. I live in the Lehigh Valley PA which is a blessing for shooters because there are a plethora of rod and gun clubs here. Mine is 3/4 of a mile down the road and for 20 bucks a year I can shoot almost every day. I have a Dillon RL550B press set up for 9mm so ammo is not a problem.

I'm looking forward to making my shooting experience better and safer thanks to the information provided here by you long time gunners.
Old September 28, 2015, 03:41 PM   #1917
P-Factor

Greetings Ya'll!

P-Factor here saying hello to all of you ladies and gents who have a common interest in firearms and a passion for staying on target!
Old September 30, 2015, 02:47 PM   #1918
Badshot170

New Here

Hi All,

New to the site, my wife said I was around the house too much since I retired (LEO) While I was working I shot often, so I told her I would start shooting again, but that cost $$. She said, OK, go, get out of the house.

So, I started doing Cowboy Action Shooting, I shot semi-auto for years and decided to go the other way for something different.

Wife seems to be more happy, don't know if that's good or bad.
Old October 2, 2015, 11:02 PM   #1919
02transam

Looking forward to being part of this forum!
Old October 5, 2015, 10:21 PM   #1920
mkiker2089

Well, I'm new here and to guns in general.

My fist gun was / is a Sccy. I'm not thrilled with it to be honest. It's not as accurate as my revolver and it spits the bullets out all over the place including on my head at time. The ejector pin is still there, it just seems to be a design flaw.

My second and so far last gun is a Ruger Blackhawk 357. It's much better in terms of recoil and aiming. I wanted a Heritage based on price but my local arms dealer offered me discount because it's a few years old and has been sitting in his case for too long.

I'd like to try a ported barrel gun and a double action revolver with a flip out cylinder. I want everything to be different and I don't want two guns alike or from the same manufacturer even. Not yet anyway.

I'm eyeing a S&W Performance center automatic and a Taurus 627 revolver. I could change my mind.

Right now I am looking for a cheap-ish derringer but I may want to spend more. Going cheap with the Sccy sort of paid off but also showed me that you get what you pay for.
Old October 7, 2015, 12:46 PM   #1921
Dannysauls

Hi Everyone,

My Name is Dan I work in the ammunition manufacturing industry and thought i should join what looks to be an awesome site in hopes to make some good friends and have a good time discussing and learning from a like minded group.
if anyone has any questions about reloading or equipment i may be able to help out...

Thanks so much
Old October 20, 2015, 03:46 PM   #1922
Azzazle

Hello from rhode island, the smallest state in the union.
Old November 11, 2015, 01:21 AM   #1923
sherwoods12

New guy from Idaho

Hi all,
My name is Doug Sherwood, I am a bit of a science nerd who works for the federal government, training military personnel in the fine art of staying alive.
I love firearms and the science behind them.
That said, you will find me in the reloader's forums or down range watching the Abrams lob rounds at old trucks.

Thanks for looking.

-Abraham Lincoln-
Old November 20, 2015, 11:50 AM   #1924
Kamloops

Hello.
New here and this is my first post.
From Kamloops B.C. Canada.
To simplify things because I like simple, selling all my other rifles, keeping just my Browning 12 gauge, and Henry .45-70.
Ordered a second Henry and will put a scope on this new one when it arrives.
So mostly looking into scopes, but also into reloading as I may start doing some of my own in the future.
Glad to be here.
Old November 22, 2015, 01:34 AM   #1925
Mr. Hill

Hello from the Rocky Mountains! Glad to be a member and I'm sure I'll learn a lot here.

Tags
ar15 , cerakote , custom ar , introduction , laser engraving , new agent