The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > General Discussion Forum

Closed Thread

Old October 5, 2017, 12:38 PM   #1
DaleA

Late Night Talk Show on Gun Control and a push back

I'm late to party on this but I don't listen to the late night shows much. Apparently they all took the issue of gun control to heart. Jimmy Kimmel especially had a moving performance on the issue. I found it disheartening. Here's a push back video by Ben Shapiro at the Daily Wire.

Note: The Kimmel rant and the Shapiro response can be seen at several sites, I just picked the Daily Wire because I found it first. The transcript is first and lower on the page you can find the actual video if you want to watch it.

http://www.dailywire.com/news/21908/...rol-daily-wire
Old October 5, 2017, 01:10 PM   #2
tony pasley

After they surrender their security details, then come out and talk to people not at them.
Old October 5, 2017, 01:29 PM   #3
imp

I have a rule about taking serious political advice from clowns.
Old October 5, 2017, 01:57 PM   #4
spacemanspiff

I dont take advice on politics, civil rights, or social injustices from tv personalities, musicians, actors, radio hosts, athletes, pastors, the garbageman, the checkout clerk at the grocery store, not even from my Mom.
Old October 5, 2017, 02:37 PM   #5
johnelmore

I see no talk about mental health or gang violence. I guess if there were no firearms the mentally ill or gangs would have no weaponry. Of course they wouldnt use large truck bombs, large cooking pot bombs or any of that. They wouldnt think of driving a truck into a crowd and of course they would not buy firearms on the black market. Its all about gun control and the bump stock. Lacking any weaponry at all they will just be peaceful citizens and society need not worry further.
Old October 5, 2017, 03:33 PM   #6
kmw1954

We can all go back to carrying swords! I love watching Forged in Fire as does my wife.
Old October 5, 2017, 04:21 PM   #7
johnelmore

While we carry our swords, the bad guys will continue to own firearms. I was robbed during a vacation on an island which had a clear cut all out ban on firearms. The robbers were these young kids who had no issues waving a revolver in my face and in my wife's face. Unfortunately, I had nothing to wave back.
Old October 7, 2017, 08:54 PM   #8
Brassguy

It's people like kimmel that are the reason I don't watch TV much. If I'm watching TV it is because I want to be entertained, not be forced to listen to one persons political rant. They have the right to say what they want, and I have the right not to watch or support their careers.
Old October 7, 2017, 10:25 PM   #9
Rob228

Maybe when they remove gun violence from the entertainment industry they will have a leg to stand on when it comes to gun control speeches.
Old October 7, 2017, 10:49 PM   #10
JoeSixpack

The video at the bottom of that article is REALLY good and worth a watch.
Old October 13, 2017, 10:05 AM   #11
Glenn E. Meyer

Going nowhere productive. Simple rants are not that useful. Next, saying someone is a lib is not useful.

Folks are progun or antigun for our purposes. We do not demand 'conservative', 'libertarian', 'democratic', 'republican', 'green party' or whatever purity.

Such one-lines are deleted. Also, closed.