The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The North Corral > Black Powder and Cowboy Action Shooting

Old January 2, 2013, 10:32 AM   #1

The neighbor scores with The ROA

My Good friend and next door neighbor has carried his Ruger Old Army during the Michigan blackpowder season for a few years now. Up until New Years Eve, he hasn't been able to test its capabilities on a deer. Well with a couple of days of late land owners antlerless season left, the moon, stars, and planets all aligned with about fifteen minutes of shooting time left. He had a perfect broadside shot at about 25 yards and the result was a doe DRT. He used 180 gr Meister hard cast bullets over 30 grains of 777 FFF.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img859.jpg (122.5 KB, 56 views)

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.

Last edited by .284; January 2, 2013 at 11:21 AM.
Old January 2, 2013, 11:15 AM   #2
deerslayer303

Awesome Sauce!!!
Old January 2, 2013, 11:29 AM   #3
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Nice big one. Was this one taken up in yooper country? I bet your intending to peal it for him as a good neighbor gesture aren't cha 284?_ Shot placement looks pretty darn good too. Is that a stainless model I see he's holding? Don't you guys over in Michigan ev~er miss? _ Just kidding yaw a little. Very nice animal harvested. I'll bet your friend & neighbor is pleased as punch with this one. Now comes the work. (if he doesn't take it to someone else for butchering.)

S/S
Old January 2, 2013, 11:56 AM   #4

Good eye Sure Shot, that is a stainless ROA. The deer is a southern Michigan farm country special. Pealing for him....................maybe pealing with him and a few beers.

Deer are amazing creatures....so please don't burn the sauteed onions and I'll pass on the steak sauce, thank you.
Old January 2, 2013, 01:51 PM   #5
Sure Shot Mc Gee

Two is indeed better than one no doubt when skinning. Some body has to open them beers. I see your up by Flint. Been there a number of times. (Retired uaw/GM rep)
Old January 2, 2013, 02:30 PM   #6

Small world

Sure Shot my neighbor is a self described anal retentive General Motors Die Maker.