The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > Hogan's Alley > Tactics and Training

Closed Thread

Old July 12, 2017, 09:31 PM   #26
Eod1

FITASC I don't need to prove anything. I'm not here to do that. But I do know who I am and if you did you wouldn't try to get me kicked off this site. But I thank you for leaving my thread.
Old July 12, 2017, 10:54 PM   #27
tangolima

How about ask your buddy to club you over the head with a 2x4 every time you change magazine? More interesting than shooting with mere goose bumps from cold water.

Maybe the 2x4 followed by a bucket full of ice water, and then a bite in the butt by a snapping turtle.

Perhaps I saw that in a movie starts with letter J.

-TL
Old July 12, 2017, 11:03 PM   #28
ShootistPRS

EOD1,
I invite you to come shoot Small Bore Silhouette with us at the East End Rod & Gun Club. You will need a rifle in 22LR and probably a good scope on it. We shoot every second Saturday of the month from 9:00AM until we are worn out. We aren't very competitive and shoot mostly for the challenge of it. I compete against myself as I am trying to get better. I doubt that you will get bored unless you get bored with hitting fewer targets than you would like.

There is also another game at the range, it's called Five Stand and it is a shotgun shoot. There are three different sized clays that come from most any directions including the rabbit that bounces along the ground. The setup changes all the time and some of the clay com at you, some are wing shots at very different altitudes, and some travel away. You shoot five targets from five different shooting positions.

When you get bored with that there is also the three gun competition, the cowboy action shooters and the muzzle loaders shoot.

A little something for everyone with archery, knife and tomahawk throwing, falling plates and the fun keeps going.
The club is in NE Oregon just 5 miles from the Washington state line. If you go to the website look under events/silhouette and it will list a contact - that would be me. Just give me a call and I can tell you how to get there and the times and dates for all the events. They are all open to the public so you don't have to waste your money on a membership to shoot any of the events.
Old July 12, 2017, 11:58 PM   #29
Frank Ettin
Staff

Enough of this.
"It is long been a principle of ours that one is no more armed because he has possession of a firearm than he is a musician because he owns a piano. There is no point in having a gun if you are not capable of using it skillfully." -- Jeff Cooper
Closed Thread