The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Skunkworks > Handloading, Reloading, and Bullet Casting

Old September 14, 2013, 01:16 AM   #1
Oldbuck30

Can anybody help

I'm unable to get redding 9mm dies will lee dies fit on a redding T7 turret press. The Redding press takes a 7/8 14 thread. Thank you and everyone have a great weekend
Old September 14, 2013, 03:14 AM   #2
steve4102

Yes, all modern dies are the same thread and will fit your Redding press.
Old September 14, 2013, 03:58 AM   #3
NWPilgrim

The dies of any brand will fit nearly every common press, including the T7. The only thing to be aware of when you mix brands is that the accessories may not attach properly. For instance, I am not sure that the various powder measures fit different brand dies. You should definitely check out which measure will fit the dies you plan to use. Lee pistol dies come with a power through expander die, and you can mount the Perfect Powder Measure or Auto Disk (Deluxe) on these dies. Likewise, for rifle cartridges you need one of the Lee universal rifle powder through dies.

I believe the threads of my RCBS Uniflow mated OK wit the Lee powder die but it was too top heavy for the Lee press. But I would not count on a different brand of powder measure working with your dies unless you verify it before purchasing. If you measure powder off the press then you shouldn't have any problems using Lee dies in a Redding press.

You probably know that the T7 turret has so many holes you can mount 2-3 sets of dies on it if you want, so you don't HAVE to buy a different turret for every caliber.
"The ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone. ... The advantage of being armed, which the Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation ... forms a barrier against the enterprises of ambition."
- James Madison
Old September 15, 2013, 09:50 PM   #4
Oldbuck30

Gentleman Thank you

Thank you very much for the info, I thought I would be OK but wanted to be sure before ordering on line.