The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Firing Line Gun Show > Retail Deals and Feedback

Notices

Old May 14, 2009, 12:57 PM   #1
hunterdrake

Georgia Arms poor company to deal with

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up. I ordered 2000 rounds of ammunition from Georgia Arms back in March. This week they sent me 500 rounds and stated that was what they were limiting each customer. First, they should have either told me this either when I ordered the rounds or before they shipped the rounds. The problem is I ordered that many for several friends so that we could save on shipping. It cost me .03 cents more for each round this way which comes out $15 dollars more per 500 rounds. I called them and they said tuff luck, I am stuck with the shells at this price. I told them I would not be a returning customer. Craig
Old May 14, 2009, 01:31 PM   #2
hunterdrake

They take your credit card number when you order. At that time they quoted me a price of the ammo plus $35 shipping. They sent it (without contacting me) and billed me for 500 rounds and $19 shipping.
Old May 15, 2009, 06:57 PM   #3
kendradad

I ordered some .45 and 9x18 from them in Feb., still haven't received it, or any feedback at all.

I called them about 4 weeks ago, said they were still filling orders from December.

Funny thing is, went to a gun show in Raleigh about 2-3 weeks ago and they were selling the .45 ammo I ordered.
Old May 16, 2009, 05:18 AM   #4
busted1200

I ordered 1000 rds. of 9mm and received 500 rds of 40 S&W instead. Packing slip showed my correct order, but there was a red stamp stating that they were limiting orders to 500 rounds. I was at Wal-Mart the other day and they had 20 boxes of 9mm on the shelf. I didn't buy any because I had some ordered. Had I known that I was only going to get 500, I would have bought some. Now I still don't have any 9mm. When I called GA to tell them about getting the wrong stuff, the lady on the phone stated that she could have UPS pick it up, or charge me for the difference.

Last edited by Shane Tuttle; July 7, 2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old May 27, 2009, 12:51 PM   #5
Georgia Arms

Customer Service

Several of our customers made us aware of this post about our customer service and we wanted to address this issue. We at Georgia Arms always do our best to offer great customer service. Having said that, the last year or so, the demand for ammunition and our customer service has been so great that we are just dazed!! We have gone from entering 50 to100 orders a day to working 24 hours a day 7 days a week and are 15,000 orders behind. We have hired 5 new personal (all our office will hold), we have upgraded phone systems and we actually work around the clock answering emails and processing orders to try to compensate. Customers calling to check the status of their order takes up about 95% of our time limiting the amount of personal time we should be spending with each customer. For this we are sorry! The biggest issue we are having is acquiring components. As we estimate delivery time of specific items we use information given to us by our vendors which makes it really difficult because the customers want to know where there orders are. We were told in October that we would receive our 9mm projectiles in the middle of November and they should be the same price as usual. We took orders based on that information not knowing that it was going to take 4 months before we received half of them and that they were at a higher price. By this time we had received orders for 5 million rounds and only received 1.2 million projectiles. We could not have predicted this. We honored the price at order date and rationed them out to try to get everyone a little to hold them until this chaos ceases. Please know that we will make ever effort to improve our customer service and always make a quality product! We have been in the ammunition business for 30 years and have never seen a component shortage or customer demand such as we currently have. Everyone in this industry is in uncharted waters. Please be patient and the situation will resolve itself, we just don’t know when that will be. Many thanks to our loyal customers who have always supported us and continue to do so! Georgia Arms
Old May 27, 2009, 08:04 PM   #6
Shane Tuttle
Staff

And there you have it. One of the many gun related companies that are up to their eyeballs in keeping up with orders. Right, wrong, or indifferent, we now have both sides of the story.

Hunterdrake, as much as your point may be valid, I'd suggest giving them a break. Businesses across the country have been overloaded as the masses have drove demand up like a rocket. We're all in this together as a gun community. Hope you reconsider your choices when you make future purchases.

Posting and YOU: http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting
Old July 21, 2009, 11:45 AM   #7
41magsnub

They still appear to be having difficulty delivering ammo. I'm on week 15 waiting for 1000rds of .40 180gr.
Old July 21, 2009, 12:47 PM   #8
jclayto

I have had only one dealing with these folks and it was a bit dissapointing. I called up back in may and asked if they had any large pistol primers in stock, I explained to the very nice lady on the phone that I would be driving approximately 3 hours to pick these up and was assured that they were in stock.

I hopped in the car immediately and headed down, only to be told that they had not had any in weeks. I left with a box of small pistol primers and 230grn .45 bullets.

To put it in perspective - I was lied to so thats a minus, I did get an ok price on the bullets so thats a plus, I picked up some small pistol primers for an ok price although its not really what I needed at the time. I was planning on visiting atlanta that weekend anyway, so I really only wound up wasting 2 hours drive time by visiting ga arms.

all and all it left a "blah" taste is my mouth. I won't bad mouth them but I probably wont go out of my way to do business with them again.
Old July 21, 2009, 01:11 PM   #9
Walt Sherrill

I used Georgia Arms regularly up until about three years ago, when I cut back on my shooting to go back to school (while continuing to work.) During the years I did business with them, they were great. Good ammo at very reasonable prices.

I recently started back shooting again, and went to their website to order, and saw their situation -- back orders, not taking orders, etc. But that seems to be the case with virtually every online seller, and some of our local suppliers. (One dealer locally who used to sell ammo by the case now limits the buyer to three boxes per transaction....)

I had figured it was due to the ammo makers making more ammo for the war in Iraq and Afghanistan, but it apparently has as much to do with a much increased demand from shooters, perhaps like it was for a while around 2000, when "survivalist" food and supplies were greatly in demand. It looks as those who fear Democrats in power are stocking up.

Georgia Arms might've done a better job of following up, but they are an otherwise first-class operation. I look forward to a time when they're able to handle the demand.