The Firing Line Forums

Go Back   The Firing Line Forums > The Conference Center > Law and Civil Rights

Old January 30, 2009, 10:15 AM   #1
wildwood477

application for florida ccw

I live in upstate NY and travel south sometimes in the spring, SC, Arizonia, arkansas, My question is can I get a florida ccw that will cover me while traveling to these states? Do I have to be a resident of Flordia to get the ccw?
Wildwood477
Old January 30, 2009, 04:58 PM   #2
Dewhitewolf

Florida will issue concealed carry licenses to non-residents. You can request online for the application to be mailed to you:

http://licgweb.doacs.state.fl.us/weapons/index.html

South Carolina (and a few other states as well) only honor Florida CCW licenses for residents of Florida. Therefore your FL license, as a resident of NY, would be of no use to you in South Carolina. Check if South Carolina issues permits to non-residents.
Old February 3, 2009, 06:10 PM   #3
blume357

Dewhitewolf is right...

non resident Fl permit is not recognized in S.C. The only way to get a non resident S.C. permit is to actually own property in S.C.

With all that said... go for the Fl permit... it will give you a lot of states... and yes you should be able to get one of those... takes some time and effort but is well worth it.

You know that if NY would recognize other states permits then you would be good to go with one of those, including S.C.